Rental House around Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental House around Katy

Hey guys, I just landed a job in Katy and need to find somewhere to live! Not really in the finical status to buy a home yet, so wanted to hit up the green screen and see if anyone had a lead on an affordable rental home!

I’m checking out apartments as well, but would really prefer a house! If y’all know of anything please shoot me a text or call at 432-270-2292.

Thank you for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAR.com has alot of rental listings. Here is a link within the Katy area.

Comment

Stay out of Cimmarron off of Mason road. I bought my first house there in 1982. When we left in 2007 the neighborhood had gotten really rough. Shoot me your number and I’ll help ya anyway I can. Your better off looking in Olde Town Katy, or Katy Proper as it’s known as far as crime goes.

Comment

I live in Canyon Gate in Katy on the South side off Mason between 1093 and Fry. It's definitely not the nicest neighborhood in Katy, but it is gated and safe other than the typical petty crime from time to time. Looks like the rent houses are about $1700 per month here. Not sure where you are working, but it's convenient to get in and out of.

If I were you and actually working in Katy, I would maybe look for something in the country, maybe around San Felipe, Sealy, or Waller area. Stay out of Brookshire.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          HAR.com has alot of rental listings. Here is a link within the Katy area.

https://www.har.com/mapsearch/?map_t...425&for_sale=0

Thank you I’ll check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Stay out of Cimmarron off of Mason road. I bought my first house there in 1982. When we left in 2007 the neighborhood had gotten really rough. Shoot me your number and I’ll help ya anyway I can. Your better off looking in Olde Town Katy, or Katy Proper as it’s known as far as crime goes.

10/4

Comment

Stay out of Cimmarron off of Mason road. I bought my first house there in 1982. When we left in 2007 the neighborhood had gotten really rough.
              You talking about Cimarron or West Memorial?

Edit: I think you are correct, I had Governor’s Place suck in my head as Cimarron. Yes, I would be Leary of Cimarron proper (especially the east and central side of it)
              Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-25-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Cimmaron, west memorial, and anything along s mason south of 10, avoid.

Around the golf course on the east side of 99 and anything west of 99 is good to go. Katy proper has some nice areas, but around mary jo peckham park is a little rough.

On the north side of 10 from katy proper to the east is.... well lets just say it makes the news a bit.

Comment

Head west young man.

Comment

there are several houses in the Parkway Oaks area where I am. its mostly a quite subdivision and not terribly expensive. it has good access to 99 and I10.

Comment

Ain't it amazing. Still weird to me that these places cost more than average homes back in ohio, but still go downhill somehow. I very much second guessed my home location after a bunch of stuff happened in that neighborhood. We're a couple neighborhoods away and have had no issues but I'm still leery being near mason rd.

Comment

Working...
                      X