X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The deck is done in the front and back. Side is awaiting a little more Trex material to finish.

One of the carpenters building the house likes to weld. He built the metal railings on the upstairs deck and it was installed today.

. I could see the ridge and canyon the cow elk chili was walking around last fall.

Comment

Looking great Bill. Can I pull my camper up there this summer and hang out with family up there for a couple of weeks? We could go scouting for elk! :-)

We were just talking about where we want to do our summer road trip. My wife said no where hot although she just said New Mexico, not sure what's she thinking. Maybe she's thinking in the mountains in New Mexico it doesn't get as hot here.

Comment

What do you do on a Saturday morning? How about cutting a hole with a chainsaw in 15” thick ice and training to rescue somebody?

I got my chance to go in the water.

Comment

Dang Bill..... scary stuff. What’s the story??

Comment

I'll pass. You can take my turn too.

Looking at that picture is about as close to being in ice water as I want to be.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

I’m on the county search and rescue team. Everybody does everything, but I grew up swimming, took senior life saving in HS, Water Safety Instructor and Scuba in college.I’ve been qualified as crew on the SAR jet boat, and could be the backup pilot.

Been through snowmobile, avalanche rescue, low-angle rope rescue training. Taking 4-day Wilderness Advanced First Aid course next month. You get a text msg that there’s somebody lost, not back when expected or injured and you go from ‘zero to 60’ really fast.

I don’t go into the mountains without my gear- which includes my XD 10mm on my belt. Federal law protects griz, Montana law allow you to shoot in defense of self, others or livestock.

Rule #1 is safety on the team. I was wearing my dry suit with Underarmour turtleneck, Kuiu merino long sleeve and Kuiu synthetic jacket on top. Part of my layering approach when hunting cold. Protect yourself from inside out. Bottom was merino wool long johns and a pair of lined jeans.

I was fine in the water up to chest/ neck level, but my neoprene duck hunting gloves did allow some water leakage at the cuff. I need to get better gloves for the future.

We wear a rescue life vest which has a metal ring on the big belt around my chest. We’re always on a tether rope.

Last edited by Bill; 03-07-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

End of s busy day, just put in a gfci and outside cover I ‘missed’ on our upstairs deck. I think I finished doing all the electrical trimming now. Except the few ceiling lights we held off buying.

I can’t capture the view and colors from the kitchen, while George Strait is playing on Pandora.

Comment

You go from Van Halen to George Strait! I think that’s fantastic! Love them both!

You’re place looks great by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      I’m on the county search and rescue team. Everybody does everything, but I grew up swimming, took senior life saving in HS, Water Safety Instructor and Scuba in college.I’ve been qualified as crew on the SAR jet boat, and could be the backup pilot.

Been through snowmobile, avalanche rescue, low-angle rope rescue training. Taking 4-day Wilderness Advanced First Aid course next month. You get a text msg that there’s somebody lost, not back when expected or injured and you go from ‘zero to 60’ really fast.

I don’t go into the mountains without my gear- which includes my XD 10mm on my belt. Federal law protects griz, Montana law allow you to shoot in defense of self, others or livestock.

Rule #1 is safety on the team. I was wearing my dry suit with Underarmour turtleneck, Kuiu merino long sleeve and Kuiu synthetic jacket on top. Part of my layering approach when hunting cold. Protect yourself from inside out. Bottom was merino wool long johns and a pair of lined jeans.

I was fine in the water up to chest/ neck level, but my neoprene duck hunting gloves did allow some water leakage at the cuff. I need to get better gloves for the future.

We wear a rescue life vest which has a metal ring on the big belt around my chest. We’re always on a tether rope.

I admire you for volunteering on the Search & Rescue, Bill. That's not a soft, easy gig, but the countless people who have been saved by the volunteer S&R appreciate it, I'm sure.

Comment

Darn antelopes are nibbling on the native grass I planted last fall! I better get an archery tag this year

Comment

Heck Bill, you should apply for a depredation permit!

Comment

Bill, that deck looks awesome! From the pics, it looks like redwood or cedar, hard to believe it's Trex.

Comment

Thanks. It’s Trex Transcend Havana Gold. It really looks like wood.

The barn door for the pantry went up today. We had the same local fellow who skinned our 3 garage doors build and stain it. He has more P&Y elk mounts in his shop than I’ll ever see!

Comment

The barn door for the pantry looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X