The Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
    Wow - thanks for sharing, awesome place. I purchased a smaller place sown south and am beginning to work on it. If you don't mind me asking, what type of rock did you go with on parking and walkway and how thick? I think that is the dust free stuff (which i want) and I love the look. Copying you and hauling some cross ties down soon.

Sorry. I missed this. Yes it’s 1.5” cleaned white rock. I think its 8" compacted to 6" deep, we have some spots we need to fill in now that settled but it really works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lanceodom; 01-21-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Been really quail hunting a ton. So much fun watching the dogs work. Ranch manager has been working predator control. And we burned a few pastures last weekend.

Comment

Love the dogs and just about everything else in this thread. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

that's so cool!

Comment

Beautiful place to get Lost
            Congratulations

Comment

I am enjoying this thread. I need to address a bunch of these issues on my ranch as well. Predator and too much non value brush needs to be removed. Will be putting a lot of work in this year to make the ranch open back up some. Way to many pigs and fawn crop has nose dived.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                I am enjoying this thread. I need to address a bunch of these issues on my ranch as well. Predator and too much non value brush needs to be removed. Will be putting a lot of work in this year to make the ranch open back up some. Way to many pigs and fawn crop has nose dived.

Good luck Mitch!!! Our ranch manager works the hogs and varmit everyday and we are seeing some good results. He’s catching more coyotes and bobcats and another fox this am but let him go. They are way too pretty. More quail hunting and horseback riding and arrowhead hunting. My brother found the deadhead this morning wrapped up in some old fence. Nice 6 yr old dang it.

Comment

Sucks about the dead head! We are going to start burning our place manana. Always seem to find sheds and dead deer when we do that! Hopefully only the sheds this year!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Sucks about the dead head! We are going to start burning our place manana. Always seem to find sheds and dead deer when we do that! Hopefully only the sheds this year!

Yep. He died just because... oh well. I’m beginning to deal with it better each time we find one. Burn baby burn!! So much fun. Lots of work but it’s fun!! Hopefully you’re going down?

Comment

Haven’t been able to get down to the ranch in several weeks. Couple friends killed some good bucks right before the storm. Thankfully, we made it through the storm last week fairly unscathed. The ranch manager sent me a few pics of the ice. Not much snow for us. Also have a group of Sandhill cranes hanging out at one of our feeders since last Saturday. This pic is from my Arlo camera this morning. I guess they like corn and protein??

Comment

Nice bucks! I have had crains land in my handcorn while bowhunting. Pretty cool stuff. Deer do NOT like it when those B52s come into land on their corn pile.

Comment

Nice bucks! I have had crains land in my handcorn while bowhunting. Pretty cool stuff. Deer do NOT like it when those B52s come into land on their corn pile.
                          Hunter,
                          I hope you let one wear an arrow?? I have never killed nor eaten one but have heard they are great! maybe someday.....

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            Hunter,
                            I hope you let one wear an arrow?? I have never killed nor eaten one but have heard they are great! maybe someday.....
                            They are great to eat.....I didn't shoot one with an arrow because it would be considered hunting over bait.......also I was hunting an old mature buck that was in the neighborhood and didn't want to screw that up for a bird! A buddy of mine from Louisiana was at the ranch years ago and he shot one with his bow.

Comment

They are great to eat.....I didn't shoot one with an arrow because it would be considered hunting over bait.......also I was hunting an old mature buck that was in the neighborhood and didn't want to screw that up for a bird! A buddy of mine from Louisiana was at the ranch years ago and he shot one with his bow.
                              Didn't consider the bait aspect. Good point.

Comment

Ribeye in the sky!

Comment

Working...
                                X