Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Do it. We have a well that can run off my generator and it’s plumbed to my sprinkler system and the bedroom/bathroom in my detached boat garage. I didn’t think of any of it but previous homeowner did and I’m a fan
    I likey!!! I will tie into my 20kw or add another interlocked smaller unit.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a couple 7500 generators that worked really well but thinking to get another one that runs dual fuel, anyone run a dual fuel off propane during this episode? If so how long will it run on a single 20lb bottle?

I think this was talked about earlier or another thread, but was thinking they were saying 1-1.5 hrs per gallon or more based on demand. Seems a 20# was only lasting a few hours.

I thought of getting a conversion kit, but at that usage I would need 100 tanks vs 30 gallons of gas. Prepper part says tanks store better than gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
        I think this was talked about earlier or another thread, but was thinking they were saying 1-1.5 hrs per gallon or more based on demand. Seems a 20# was only lasting a few hours.

I thought of getting a conversion kit, but at that usage I would need 100 tanks vs 30 gallons of gas. Prepper part says tanks store better than gas.

I was thinking it might not be real efficient on propane.

FWIW I’ve stored regular gas with ethanol for two years and no issue with stabil marine treatment in it (not on purpose).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          How has no one mentioned Divorce!!!??
          That probably happened 6 months into the pandemic

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a couple 7500 generators that worked really well but thinking to get another one that runs dual fuel, anyone run a dual fuel off propane during this episode? If so how long will it run on a single 20lb bottle?
            We have a dual fuel 7500 that I run on propane, but have never had to run it long enough to empty a tank. I have a couple of 20lb & a 100lb on hand & planning on plumbing in to my 250 gallon tank if necessary.

Comment

I just wish our government would of had the foresight when they made this storm to be able to take care of me better. . I'm gonna look into the generator switch panel thingy mabob. Iv got a genny but it sucks running extension cords lol. Threw around the whole home generator idea but were in the sticks and on propane. The guy I spoke with said we would burn thru our 500 gallon tank in a few days? he may no of knew what he was talking about because his is on natural gas supply.

Comment

Generator for whole house
                More ammunition
                More Tp
                Water bottles
                Firewood
                Can foods with snap off lids

Comment

I was fairly well prepared. Had small generators and propane heaters with refillable bottles which were handy. I use ryobi tools due to their attachments that work well for no power situations. I have oil space heaters too.

Those wanting whole home generators, be mindful of size and brand. Do your research. Many companies are notorious for selling you too small of one, and not being reliable, I know of many who have one and didn't work. You can buy portable ones and have a plug wired on the outside of your house to the panel, and easily plug and play from a portable generator. You can also use that generator for many other things vs a whole home being used maybe 2 days a year if that on average.

I'm also no one has mentioned buying a new f150 hybrid with the 7kw generator option. I may buy a window unit too for summer time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you ought to just follow sendit's lead

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                    Chinese bride?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Have more K-Y lube on hand for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      Not just that
                      But do the whole interlock thing

I'll also add 1kw of solar panels for summertime back up

And I need a sterile 275 gallon ibc tote for washing water.
                      I have a few of them on the property now but they are all for garden irrigation so I don't really care if they get bugs in them

And more propane tanks
                      Couple more 100lbs and maybe five more 20lbs
                      Are you not on a water well? The reason I ask is because the way you talk about your place it seems to be out. Away from town and normal city supplied utilities. If you are on a well and have a generator then you have all the water you need.

Comment

A mr buddy heater/some other decent propane heater

A pair of waterproof/insulated boots

Never live in a house that doesnt have a fireplace/wood burning stove ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          I will be buying a lot of cpvc fittings and shark bite fittings . Hell I might even redo my water lines . Lots are in bad shape . Pier and beam house with 30 year old pipe
                          I'm gonna start that today.... not exactly excited about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            I'm gonna start that today.... not exactly excited about it.

Our home was built in 1990. We just redid the entire home with PEX and it performed flawless. Easy install too

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              Are you not on a water well? The reason I ask is because the way you talk about your place it seems to be out. Away from town and normal city supplied utilities. If you are on a well and have a generator then you have all the water you need.

I'm on a hand dug shallow well about 30 feet deep. But have option for co-op water.

I also have an underground spring that I installed a ram pump on (but I'm sure that's frozen shut). But the hand dug well I can fit into because it's the size of a manhole. So I can and have thrown a 5 gallon bucket down to fetch water.
                              We don't drink that well water as it is silty. But we use it for everything else.

All I need is a generator and about 1kW worth of solar panels and we should be set.

Comment

Working...
                              X