No announcement yet.

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a video of a guy filming from the other side of the freeway. Cars just continually running into the pile. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
      Kinda cold here in garland-lol

You might want to check the calibration on that there temp gauge lol. -40 and all is Texans would be migrating south [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        even that won't help if your on a well, while the pressure tank is providing your drip the lines from the well to the tank and the pressure regulator will freeze up. Hard lesson there....
        Dang! My well is a couple hundred yards away from house (barndo on slab). Any advice?

Comment

Raining pretty good in Temple right now. If this freezes, it’s going to be like DFW here on I35. 12 accidents across the city in the last 15 minutes according to my buddy at the PD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            There is a video of a guy filming from the other side of the freeway. Cars just continually running into the pile. Terrible.
            Fifty vehicles were involved in a pileup Thursday morning on I-35W in Fort Worth, and officials estimate at least 20-30 people need medical transport.

Comment

freeze

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              We made a mad dash to the coast last night to winterize the RV. North winds are brutal right now with intermittent rain. Though it won’t be below freezing for long this go round we don’t want to roll the dice. Back home it is forecasted to be well below freezing for three days so when we get back I will winterize the other RV and make sure the faucets are dripping. Being in the electric industry I worry more about rolling blackouts just like 10 years ago. I was on shift that February 2nd and the only thing that was fun was putting my exwife in the dark right about the time she would be getting ready for work. If these northern generation facilities have not fixed their chiller lines, Texas will have rolling blackouts at best Monday night! I have about 1/4 cord left stacked on the back porch ready so we should be good but I worry about those who have not prepared.

Micheal
              I was called in to work during that arctic blast when the units shut down and was on the end of a weed burner trying to thaw lines out so we could towards starting back up. I am hoping we fair better this time around. Unfortunately i am living in my RV and hoping i can keep everything from freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                Don't know how your well house is constructed but we just put a 40-60W light bulb in a heat lamp down on the ranch well house, hasn't frozen at - 20 yet.

However the wellhouse is about 8 ft deep where the pressure tank sits.

Well house hasn’t made to the top of the Too Do list so I make a tent over the well with a tarp and put a light under it and that works.

Comment

I didn't have any issues getting form Colleyville to South Fort Worth this AM and the kids are in school, but the Accident on 35 near Northside Drive is absolutely devastating. The videos being posted are unbelievable!

Comment

Lightening/thunder and stiff north wind/40 degrees and raining sideways periodically in beautiful downtown Humble, Texas this morning... Just a few degree drop around here and it's gonna get "Western" in Houston...

I'm headed south this afternoon... We got a big hog and javelina spot n stalk hunt on the ranch this weekend... Ain't got time for no stinkin' ice!! Thay's pigs n quail to be kilt!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      I didn't have any issues getting form Colleyville to South Fort Worth this AM and the kids are in school, but the Accident on 35 near Northside Drive is absolutely devastating. The videos being posted are unbelievable!
                      I would reccomend you go south to get home! Glad you got in ahead of that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                        prayers up for ya'll,my daughter is in garland and shes says its a mess
                        i live and work in Garland-had to pull one truck up a hill on my way in. Its SLICK out here

Comment

Watch the video in this report. 18 wheeler got loose.

Icy conditions in Texas led to a massive pile-up on Interstate 35W in Fort Worth on Thursday morning and prompted authorities to urge residents to stay home.

Comment

Even in the Rio Grande Valley there may be freezing. A lot of people here live in card board shacks

Comment

Central Texas is going to be an absolute nightmare today

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                                Even in the Rio Grande Valley there may be freezing. A lot of people here live in card board shacks
                                Heh, it's a trend, we have thousands living in Cardboard shacks in Austin as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X