Swarovski EL Range issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swarovski EL Range issues

Has anyone sent theirs back to Swarovski to have ranging issues looked at? I've had mine for a few years and they aren't picking up range worth a **** after around 7-800, even with a pretty solid rest. Just checking to see if anyone has had any issues as well.

Originally posted by kck View Post
    Has anyone sent theirs back to Swarovski to have ranging issues looked at? I've had mine for a few years and they aren't picking up range worth a **** after around 7-800, even with a pretty solid rest. Just checking to see if anyone has had any issues as well.

The pair I had wouldn’t reliably pick up soft targets as similar ranges. It would pick up reflective targets a lot further but animals that was about their limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The laser is really wide. They don’t have the best RF. I just run standard ELs and a separate RF. Way better. Send em in. Sell em. Do the same

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        The laser is really wide. They don’t have the best RF. I just run standard ELs and a separate RF. Way better. Send em in. Sell em. Do the same
        I have a pair of the el ranges as well. What are you saying is a better range finder for those long distances? I’m interested in that...we have the same issues at the lease past 500yrds or so.

Comment

Mike, they do pick up reflective targets better but still not as well as they should.

Trophy, I’m with you on this as much as I wish I didn’t have to be. I’ve got a Leica 1600 hand held but I hate having to carry two so I’m gonna sell it as well. Just kinda worried that I’ll have one scotch too many, get ******, and buy a Vectronix.

Comment

I have a pair that are about a year old. Last thing I ranged with distance was about a 100lb pig on a hill side at 780 yards. I changed the moa on my scope and the round was on the spot. So it picked it up quick and was on the money.

Take that back. I ranged some goats at almost 900 after that. It picked up great, well for me it was good.

Comment

Working...
            X