Duck Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
    Simms fishing waders. Lightweight breathable cold weather just need sweatpants under. Best part is lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They now have a boot foot Camo pair also

Comment

From experience the Sitka ones are just stupid awesome. The zipper will change your life haha. That being said, I got the stikas as a gift and not sure wouldnt bought them on my own. I had Drake MSTs forever, and couldnt complain. Tough, warm, didnt leak, and had awesome d-rings near clips where you could clip your texas rigged dekes and have free hands.

Comment

A lot of people don’t like Drake gear, but I’ve been running their stuff for years with zero issues. They use to be expensive, but now that Sitka and a couple others have inflated the market, Drakes stuff is reasonable. I’ve had the same pair of Drake waders for 5-6 years. I hunt 10-15 times per season

Comment

I wear a "Stout" and fit the short fat body type. I bought a set of the Cabela's SuperMags with 1600gr Thinsalate back in '09. The've been great for me ever since. The y do get to warm sometimes if I'm in the shallows. But when the water temp is near 40 or lower, and I'm waist deep, I'm a happy camper, or hunter . From what I understand, the quality has gone down hill on them.

Another option: I also use unlinsolated Hodgman hippers when in the shallows, if the weather is not near freezing. These keep me from sweating, vs neoprene, when doing work in shallows like setting out 5-12 doz floaters. They are also much lighter than chest waders. And can be got for pretty cheap at the end of a season, like less than $30 cheap. But just don't use them where you have a lot of debris. Or you could wined up with a hole. They do take a patch good .

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            Buy once, cry once. Just get a pair of Sitka waders.

All jokes aside, if you spend 40+ days a year in waders you will not be disappointed in the Sitka’s one bit, even considering the steep price tag.
            Spot on 100%. choked when I saw the price tag, then spent a week in a borrowed pair. Never wear anything else.

Comment

I have the sitka ones that I found for a stupid smoking deal on eBay new in the box. I would have never bought them otherwise. This is the second season in them and so far they were amazing. Not an issue , and they freaking breathe which is nice. I hunted in the cold pouring rain a week or two ago and I wasn’t all clammy and sweaty which turns to cold real fast on me. So that makes it worth it right there.

I tried on a buddies and bought an 11... I wear a 10.5 lucchesse boot or a 12 brooks running shoe for reference.

Comment

Simms
                Just cry once.

Comment

Sitka. Most comfortable waders ever made.

Comment

Working...
                  X