Young? and wide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young? and wide!

Afternoon all. Can you guys/gals give me your thoughts on the age of this buck? My wife really wants to put an arrow through him if she gets the chance come October but I'm trying to convince her he needs to age a year or three. Thanks!

Chris
    Attached Files

happy wife happy life... just saying

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Man, I'd shoot em if given the chance. But I hunt in an AR county, where legal bucks are few and far between. Plus, there's a house on every corner where many hunters live. He'd die if he jumped my fence and went to a neighbors. If you've got lots of land and few hunters, let him walk.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
            happy wife happy life... just saying
            You are completely right. I'm not telling her not to shoot him, I'm just telling her he will be huge in a couple years. Hopefully she sees the light.

Comment

I can already see sagging brisket just behind the feeder leg. Either he is post mature (my thoughts) or 3-4 yr old. I say 6+. Here in a couple months it will be obvious

During the summer older deer can look like younger bucks.

Comment

Dayyumm! What airport do y'all hunt at?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  I can already see sagging brisket just behind the feeder leg. Either he is post mature (my thoughts) or 3-4 yr old. I say 6+. Here in a couple months it will be obvious
                  He looks old to me too

Comment

If my wife wanted to shoot that buck then it wouldn't matter what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      I hope you are right! I'll see if I can get another pic to post.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          If my wife wanted to shoot that buck then it wouldn't matter what I thought.
                          Same here really. If he walks out while she is on stand I don't think she could pass him up no matter what I thought.

Comment

Looks good to me. If mama wants him, mama gets him.

Comment

Dang.......Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X