Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's something new you are trying this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's something new you are trying this year?

It's a new hunting season, what are you changing (camo, arrows, bows, etc)?

Me: Easton FMJs w/ four 3 inch fletchings instead of gold tip trad arrows 5 inch fletching.

I have a Stalker coyote, but hoping to get my Wagstaff bow soon

Use the tree stand more instead of ground blind if able

Not worry about buying scent removal products, just play the wind

Most important change: actually kill something!!

Me: Bob Lee recurve and Wagstaff longbow instead of Mathews ChillR and Halon XComp. Beman Centershot arrows in 600 spine with 4 inch feathers instead of Axis Nfused with Q2i vanes and Superdrive 23s with 3” feathers. Moving brush blind 10 yards closer to well traveled trail, lol.

Comment

Just got a new to me Blacktail recurve, and should be getting my new Primal Tech Longbow in the next couple weeks. Goal is to kill something with both this season, and if I get that done, to also take a critter with my Lonnie Dye composite bow.

Good luck, everybody!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I got a Mathews Vertix cheaterstick and have been focusing on The Dark side this year. I'm going to trad hell... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          I got a Mathews Vertix cheaterstick and have been focusing on The Dark side this year. I'm going to trad hell... lol

Nothing wrong with that! Just get out in then woods and enjoy yourself!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Ain't gonna lie man....I love my stick bows but this thing is fun!!

Comment

Everything!! New tower location, new feeder location and new bow blind location!! Now just pray on north or east winds!!

Comment

I'm changing from rifle only to archery. Lol

Comment

I'm going to hunt at home with my recurve this year. I finally feel comfortable enough with it to shoot at some fur. Will still tote my compound to Kentucky. I'm so ready to be perched in a tripod and feel a cooler breeze.

Comment

Good luck mikey2!!!! There is few other feeling better than when you walk up to the first critter you took with a stick!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Switched to Easton Axis Trad's, and 200 grain VPA 3 blades. I'm also going to CO to try and spot/stalk a mule deer buck this year!

Comment

Been nothing but public lands for 7 years. This year I got myself on a lease. I love the public stuff and will probably do it a but, but I just don’t the time it takes to be successful on public with a couple if little kids.

Comment

I have not changed anything or bought anything new

Comment

I guess I will have a new license....lol

Comment

The only thing I am going to try to do different, is actually get out there & hunt.

The last two years have had things demanding my time, and leaving me pretty much zero time to hunt.

This year isn't looking good either.
                              I'm remodeling the house. Working over the kitchen, bathrooms, and one bedroom to make them handicap accessible for my blind & cripple mother in law to move in with us.

But, I'm still going to try to work in some decent hunting time.

They (the family) have got to ease up on me some.
                              I don't think they realize how old & slow I am getting

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X