1st car for daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st car for daughter?

My daughter will turn 16 in November (middle of basketball season) and we aren't gonna have much time to car shop so I'm starting a little early. Been looking at older honda accords, toyota Camrys, and Nissan altimas. Most of these in her price range ($7-10k, the less the better![emoji16]) have well over 100k miles. Want something reliable and safe...are these cars better than newer ford/chevy w less miles? anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks for the help!
    Ben

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We bought our daughter a 2010 Ford Focus last summer. It had under 100000 miles in it. Paid $3500 for it and it’s been good so far. Had to put new tires int and that’s about it

Comment

I personally think they all make good cars now.

You will have people pledge loyalty to any specific brand. There has been a proven track record of reliability with Japanese cars, but here lately I feel as if domestic vehicles have caught up and they don’t carry a premium.

My niece just bought a 2016 Ford Fusion with leather. Not the highest end but good enough for her. Has around 85k on it for 10k.

Comment

Toyota Camry was our first with 90K. Sold it for almost the same $ two years later.
        Love Toyota’s.

Comment

Mazda....

Comment

Be sure and check the TBH classifieds. I see cars in there all the time.

Comment

We just bought my atep daughter (17) a '12 Ford Escape. Great car and we like it being a little bigger than an accord or Corolla.

Comment

Honda Accords are great. On my second one for a commuter car with no complaints!!

Comment

I got an Avalon in the classifieds. Price drop to $3000.00

Just replaced $1700.00 of maintenance stuff..........

Comment

All you names will make great cars.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

A 2018 Jeep Rubicon for my daughter.

Comment

Hyundai elantras are really good cars for the money. They're really easy to work on, and they're also really reliable in my experience.

Comment

In 2017 we bought a 2015 Ford Focus with around 35k miles on it for a little over $10k. It has been a good car for my son and he is taking it to TAMU this fall.

I wouldn't get too wound up about brand as I believe they all make reliable cars.

Comment

We gave our oldest the wife's Camry. History is known and vehicle well kept.

The wife got a new Camry.

Comment

Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X