Rolled a concrete truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled a concrete truck

Got the call Sunday morning, we were headed to San Angelo to pour concrete at the Chic Filet, the driver rolled the truck near Brady, thank God no one else was involved and the driver was not seriously injured. The truck was brand new, I think it had 2000 miles on it, sickening.

That's a terrible way to start a day

Comment

What a mess. Well I’m betting you had it insured and nobody was hurt.

Comment

They turn over all the time. Try to turn too fast. Drive into a soft spot. Have a bad spotter back them up on a side slope.

I’ve seen it quite a bit. They are built sturdy to protect the drivers because of the frequency of rollovers.

Glad no serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I built Concrete trucks for 18 years. Repaired many turnovers. Most of the time if the Drum hoop hold the drum in then the Mixer isn't that bad. If the Drum gets loose it will break all kinds of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            I built Concrete trucks for 18 years. Repaired many turnovers. Most of the time if the Drum hoop hold the drum in then the Mixer isn't that bad. If the Drum gets loose it will break all kinds of stuff.
            It was a volumetric mixer ( mix onsite ) all the aggregate and sand are on the side of the road near Brady, the trooper said it was fine to just leave it there, I was kind of surprised he did not have us remove it all.It was 100 % driver error, the other 3 trucks had no problem making the turn, driver was only 25 years old, we had been training him for 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              It was a volumetric mixer ( mix onsite ) all the aggregate and sand are on the side of the road near Brady, the trooper said it was fine to just leave it there, I was kind of surprised he did not have us remove it all.It was 100 % driver error, the other 3 trucks had no problem making the turn, driver was only 25 years old, we had been training him for 4 weeks.
              Is he still a driver, or now a former driver?

Comment

glad no one was hurt

Comment

pics

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                    Is he still a driver, or now a former driver?
                    Yet to be determined but the latter is a distinct possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                      pics
                      I have some but am too illiterate to post them, one of these days I am going to learn how, been saying that for years.

Comment

Yet to be determined but the latter is a distinct possibility.
                        Stupid question... did you give him a UA?

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                          Stupid question... did you give him a UA?
                          yes sir

Comment

Dang, that sucks. Sure makes it tough when employees dont act right. Takes all the fun out of business, thats for sure

Comment

yes sir
                              Good deal! I had a guy run his thumb through a table saw, the first thing he did after getting stitched was to and take a little test

Comment

Working...
                              X