Paint garage walls blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint garage walls blue?

Here for the GS expert advice... my FIL swears that if you paint the walls and ceiling in your garage light blue, you won’t have spider web problems. I will say he’s had it that way 6 years and just did his new house the same way.

Have any of you done this? I just bought a new house and am contemplating doing this. If you have, was there a specific blue??

Sky blue. I’ve heard the same thing never tried it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't know about the walls but I heard this and googled it. It's an old southern wives tale. I think Sherwin Williams even has a specific color that is called Haint Blue. Please Google it because I feel like an idiot even typing it.

Comment

Hmmmm. Never thought of it but I painted mine a light gray and I have not seen any webs in about 10 years.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          I don't know about the walls but I heard this and googled it. It's an old southern wives tale. I think Sherwin Williams even has a specific color that is called Haint Blue. Please Google it because I feel like an idiot even typing it.
          I did see the article and color Sherwim Williams posted. It’s very interesting and I’m tempted to try it. Just hate to paint garages but need to before I move in and fill them up.

Comment

Paint garage walls blue?

I know they paint the ceilings of apartment balconies in Florida blue to help with mosquitos....but that’s Florida so it probably attracts killer wasps and water moccasins..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-17-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I know they paint the ceilings of apartment balconies in Florida blue to help with mosquitos....but that’s Florida so it probably attracts killer wasps and water moccasins..

Lol if it deters mosquitos, I’ll paint everything blue!

Comment

Who cares about a few spider webs?

Comment

I painted the ceiling of our back patio light blue because I heard the same thing, except that it would keep dirt daubers and wasps from building nests. I guess it worked pretty good, but it looked so gay that I covered it in T&G Cedar and bought some wasp spray. I'll fight a wasp.

Comment

Yes it’s true do it. It will work

Comment

Yes it does work and the actual name of the color is Haint Blue.

If you’d like an interesting read google haint blue paint and discover it’s origins

Comment

My garage walls are light blue. No spider webs, but do have some dirt dobber nests. I’ve never heard of this, but thought I would chime in. That’s just color the walls were when we bought the house

Comment

It Haint grey and it Haint blue either. It’s right in between

Comment

Haint gonna hurt to try.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                              Haint gonna hurt to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X