What New Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What New Car?

Changing positions at work and the new job comes with a 4wd SUV so I’m going to get rid of one of our 4runners and get a “weekend” car. Rented one of the new Mustang GT 5.0’s in Houston last time I was down and it was a blast with 460HP, just not sure my kids (7 & 9) would fit in the back. If it weren’t for the kids I’d just get a Vette or Cayman S. Any suggestions on what other cars to look at? Any reasons to stay away from the Mustang? Looking for something 2-3 years old and <30,000 miles although I likely won’t put on many miles.

Telsa. If you had fun driving a mustang go test drive a Tesla.

Comment

You should add a "R" to the end of the "GT" you'll be even happier

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
        You should add a "R" to the end of the "GT" you'll be even happier

Happier but too much poorer!

Comment

Lexus LS460s

Comment

Tesla Model S will make you laugh it’s so quick. You can get a Mustang and try to get 0 to 60 in under 4 or get in a Model S and try for under 3.2

Comment

S65

Comment

Dodge Durango SRT. Wow, 6.4L Hemi with 475 HP. It will do everything those others will, plus 3 row seating and tow a trailer. Tell the wife it's a "family car"......

Comment

Dodge Charger? 485 horsepower and 4 doors.

Comment

Restore a muscle car you can all fit in.

Comment

Safest car you can find for your family.
                      Tahoe is a great family car for 7 & 9 yr olds and their friends

Congrats on the new job and company car.

Comment

I'm into old cars, but if I was to get a new car it would be a 1,000 horse power Yenko Camaro for $70,000.

It doesn't mention a drive shaft or rear end upgrade so I would have concerns about that holding up in a launch with slicks. Should be in the 9's.

Comment

Cadillac CTS-v. Raw power with 4 doors. Great machine.

Comment

Charger Hellcat Wide-body. Haul the family easily, and an insane amount of HP. And it turns, kind of. Comes out 2020.

The Tesla is fast 0-60, but after that its a pooch. Also, its heavy, like half ton truck heavy, and doesn't turn. I watched on the track one day, I have seen SUV's with less body roll. It comes with narrow little tires too, and it doesn't make a pretty noise.

In all seriousness, if you aren't going to take it to the track, get a Camaro or Mustang or a SRT Challenger/Charger and just call it good. No sense in having a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds if you aren't going to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                              Dodge Durango SRT. Wow, 6.4L Hemi with 475 HP. It will do everything those others will, plus 3 row seating and tow a trailer. Tell the wife it's a "family car"......

This^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X