Discount Tire Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Tire Warranty

I've been a faithful customer of DT for years but i've never had too utilize the warranty they provide; until now!!! I just got a set of General Grabber X3's about 4-5 weeks ago. I had them put on at the Rowlett location (friend is the store manager) then had to detour on the way home to have them rebalanced at the Desoto store. The guys at the 2nd store stated that they were out of balance by quite a bit. They still had some shimmy/shake to them so I just assumed there was a high spot and it would wear down. Well that never happened so I had them rebalance the tires this morning and now its worse!!! I call my buddy and describe to him whats happening and he says not to worry about it. They are going to buy the Generals back and put on some Cooper STT Pro's. All I have to do is pay the difference in price.

Has anyone ever had a situation like this happen??

No, but I purchased a set of General's about 10 years ago and they had to have them shipped. They said to come back in 3 days. 3 days went by, no call. Went there on day 4 and they upgraded me to the same kind of tire but it was Goodyear. Did this at no extra charge. Been loyal ever since.

Comment

Yep.....but it was with BFG's.....had one blow out and the replacement was back ordered. I drove with the spare for 2 weeks, got tired of the excuses, threw a fit and they bought the BFG's back and put on Cooper. I was happy and will continue to shop with DT.

Comment

Not the same situation but. Here is one reason I am a happy customer of Discount Tire. They ordered a set of tires for my wife's car, but they never came in... When I went in to ask about it a couple of weeks later I found out the Manager didn't know they were a custom order so he canceled them to get other tires in on that truck. I came out with four new tires only paying for the warranty on all four tires! They took care of us then and have again multiple times with warranty issues due to flats and such. Great customer service goes a long way.

Comment

I love DT We always use them since they take screws/nails out of tires and plug them for free with no hassle.

I just wish more other types of business would run like they do.

Comment

yep. generals are budget tires. they figure it is cheaper to replace them now than to continue to spend labor on warranty work for months and years.

glad they are taking care of you - but not surprised at all.

Comment

I got a nail in a USED tire I bought from them after a week. They assessed and put another great condition used tire on for me no charge. I really have no reason to not give them my business.

Comment

I put some 22" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my wife's 4x4 Navi and they kept going flat. DT credited me back in full and we picked a different tire.

Comment

Haven't tried them, they are always 10-20% higher than my local tire shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    Has anyone ever had a situation like this happen??
                    Yes. Usually they will pay you back at a prorated amount. I did it with a set of Goodyear Duratrax. It made a new ~$350 tire like $150 if I remember right.

Comment

I haven't had any bad experiences here in any of the San Antonio stores. All the employees there are busting their hump.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        Haven't tried them, they are always 10-20% higher than my local tire shop.
                        They will price match and if you buy the certs your golden

Comment

Discount Tire. I have found what ever the problem is, they will make it right

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin View Post
                            Discount Tire. I have found what ever the problem is, they will make it right
                            I had issues wth them about 15 years ago on 3 crossthreaded lug nuts on one tire, they had Just put new tires on. Got crossways with them over it and since there was no way to prove who’s fault it was, I was stuck with the replacement of the lugs.

I have gone a few rounds with them over fixing nails that aren’t directly in the center and they won’t fix.

I still use DT but I wouldn’t say I’m loyal to them. They usually have what I need and the credit card makes it easy to do business. But I won’t bend over backwards to only buy from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                              I put some 22" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my wife's 4x4 Navi and they kept going flat. DT credited me back in full and we picked a different tire.

I also had them put tires on my Stingray 2/3 years ago that had black powder coated rims. They scratched one of my rims pretty bad and sent it off to be recoated without hesitation.

Comment

Working...
                              X