No announcement yet.

Broke down outside mt pleasant on I30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just going to have it towed to the Ford dealership that's about 10 miles down the road tomorrow and let them fix it.

Comment

Yep, this will be one to remember! Wish I could do more than just bump.
      You got a dealer nearby?

Just saw the above. Good luck tomorrow. Make a fun page for the scrapbook tonight.
      Last edited by 18ncs; 07-21-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Ouch. You just need a ride to the parts store and a 1/2" breaker bar to pull the tensioner. Pretty easy to change if the diagram sticker is there. If I was closer I would help.

At least you are better off than the guy I saw in Allen a little bit ago. Under the Stacy Rd. and Hwy 75 bridge he manage to turn his trailer over, in the U turn lane. The truck was in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
          But Fords don't break down!

Glad you're able to get a tow
          This will be one vacation the family will not forget!
          I probably should have changed the belt before 187000 miles.... This is on me but dang it was hot on the side of the road today.

Comment

Glad you got it off the road. Belts rarely break just to break. Make sure (and I’m sure a dealership will) idler pulley and water pump. Usually something breaks causing belt to trash. Should still be a quick fix

.... at least it’s not a Chevy and your transmission still works, as well as electronics and both running lights

... and your with your family. Make lemonade out of lemons

Comment

I think you just put a 3/8 drive in the tension pulls and roll it back and put new belt on. Follow the diagram on top of radiator shroud

Comment

Here ya go
                Attached Files

Comment

I just came in for the evening and am checking tbh. I'm about 30 minutes away and if you need a ride anywhere or something holler at me. Pm me if you want my cell #. I work 7-3 tomorrow

Comment

Change the belt every once in a while, and put the old belt behind the rear seat, never know when you may need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Glad you got it off the road. Belts rarely break just to break. Make sure (and I’m sure a dealership will) idler pulley and water pump. Usually something breaks causing belt to trash. Should still be a quick fix

.... at least it’s not a Chevy and your transmission still works, as well as electronics and both running lights

... and your with your family. Make lemonade out of lemons
                      This koa park in Mt. Pleasant isn't too bad. They have a game room with pool table that we used today while our camper was trying to cool down. 2 hrs on side of highway in this heat and all the kids are wiped out and already asleep. Will get it fixed in the AM and then on our way to Nashville.

It is definitely one they will always remember!
                      Last edited by BigL; 07-21-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Make sure you check the all pullies/water pump. On a road trip my belt broke, had a wrecker bring me another one. Spent an hour on the side of the road putting it on, started the truck up and the new belt was shredded. Learned the hard way to check the pullies before cranking the truck.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          This koa park in Mt. Pleasant isn't too bad. They have a game room with pool table that we used today while our camper was trying to cool down. 2 hrs on side of highway in this heat and all the kids are wiped out and already asleep. Will get it fixed in the AM and then on our way to Nashville.

It is definitely one they will always remember!
                          I have my fingers crossed for you man ! Let us know whats happening.

Comment

Good luck this morning. Hope you get your trip back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Good luck this morning. Hope you get your trip back on track.
                              Thanks just a minor delay is all. Truck is at the shop and getting fixed now and we should be on the road again soon.

Comment

wish I would have logged on yesterday and saw this. I live in MP so if you don't make it out of town today and need anything let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X