Glock 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 22

Looking at a police dept trade in G22. Anyone have any comments or experience with these? I realize it may be well used, but that's ok, it will be a truck gun, conceal carry.

Honestly it’s prob shot very little. Look for wear on the slide, if there’s a good bit then the gun was prob shot a lot. If there’s little to no wear then it’s prob shot only a few hundred times a year

Comment

I figure holster wear, and dings. That doesn't bother me, its gonna get them from me. I wondered how much most leo's shoot their duty weapon. Then again, I don't see many wearing out a glock, not like they shoot weekly competitions.

Comment

Ive bought several over the years bout the only wear has been holster really. Are you ordering one or getting one from like GTdistributers?

Comment

GT disti.

Comment

At my last Department we shot a 150-200 rounds a year through our duty weapons. that was three fiream training days in a year. I was issued the gun (Glock 22) new and it was sold at 5.5 years old. So at most.....1000 rounds.

The guys who carried theirs in the police academy probably put an additional 1000 rounds through theirs. My personal Glock has well over 6000 rounds through it on the original springs. I have only had a single malfunction out of it in all of those rounds. I can't really blame it on the gun because it was during a training session where someone else loaded my gun with alternating dummy rounds. The gun failed to feed after the first shot. I looked and it was a double feed involving two live rounds. Cleared it with a tap rack and ready. I carry a Glock 21 now and have the utmost faith in the weapon.

Comment

I wouldn’t hesitate a bit. Cop guns, like most guns, are carried a lot and shot very little.

This is a good deal too, if you want something other than a Glock. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...raps%2c+no+box

Comment

I have the 22C. Love it. Probably have 2000 rounds through it, put it through hell not cleaning as much as a should, and it's still smooth as ever. I suspect a police gun will be much better maintained. I say go for it.

Comment

It will replace the G23 that was stolen. I like the 23 size, but the 22 is less than 1/2" longer in both directions, and holds 2 more rounds. Shouldn't notice much difference carrying. Now if my SS check will get here and hope they still have one.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                    GT disti.

GT will usually dig you out the nicest one if you ask them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve bought all 4 of my weapons as our department switched from .357 revolvers to 2 different Glock 22’s and retired with my s/w police .40 cal. Most guys buy their weapons back some non guy types don’t. Each weapon on our dept was shot at qualification once a year and maybe some tactical training on shooting day at inservice , our armorer would look over the weapons and did any repairs . Never had any issues with glocks and the torture test they put that thing thru before we got them was tough. I didn’t care for them at first I love my revolvers, and my 1911’s, but after having a polymer weapon I really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are pretty cheap, I see some guns are priced with the "blue line " pricing for leo. but these used ones aren't.

Comment

How much are they wanting? Recoil gunworks has one they describe as "very good condition" with night sights for $299.

Comment

Some at that price, some a little less.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Some at that price, some a little less.
                              Nice. Hard to go wrong at those prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X