Deleted Diesel Truck Inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    That's what every seller of a deleted truck says!
    Kinda like buying an ATV with a snorkel on it. Roll the dice.
    Believe it or not, there are deleted trucks that are well maintained. There are also bone stock trucks that are abused and not well maintained
    ANY used vehicle is a roll of the dice.
    Unless it has a Rednecks with Paychecks sticker on it. Stay away from that one LOL

Comment

It's definitely a roll of the dice senario.

There's a state trooper around Erath/Comanche county that is cracking down hard. I got one a couple of years ago for no emissions and no muffler on my 2011 cummins. The ticket would have been like 300 bucks. I took it to the judge in Erath county and they dismissed it. It cost me 10 bucks for a "processing" fee. That same Trooper has given out the same tickets to a handful of my buddies. However the judge in Erath county thinks it's a waste of time. There's no registration revoked or any crazy thing like that.

With all that being said, I'm about to delete my new truck. I've had 4 "deleted diesels" with no other issues with inspections or LEO.
      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 06-28-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

OP asked if he would pass the safety inspection. The answer to that is yes.

Now, is it illegal? You bet. At a Federal level, as well as in Texas. Probably locally too. The moral of the story, get a good tune so you don't blow black smoke, and don't drive a 4 plus ton vehicle like a ****** off teenager. Police probably won't bug you then...

Comment

Not sure if it is true but a friend of mine said he took his to the ford dealership and they deleted it for him and kept it under warranty. Not sure how that works but I have no reason not to believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
            Not sure if it is true but a friend of mine said he took his to the ford dealership and they deleted it for him and kept it under warranty. Not sure how that works but I have no reason not to believe him.
            There's one in central Texas that I won't name that will do it. Also, some dealerships will take a deleted truck on trade. I just went through this last month when I traded my 2014 f250 that was deleted.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 06-28-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              That's what every seller of a deleted truck says!
              Kinda like buying an ATV with a snorkel on it. Roll the dice.
              That’s why I didn’t install the switch. Didn’t want the temptation to do it. It’s just as much a roll of the dice to buy a newer diesel with emissions in place and 100K+ in the clock. You can at least get a feel for the seller and they way they treat their belongings if you deal face to face. I wouldn’t buy one from a dealer I couldn’t get a fell for the previous owner.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                Believe it or not, there are deleted trucks that are well maintained. There are also bone stock trucks that are abused and not well maintained
                ANY used vehicle is a roll of the dice.
                Unless it has a Rednecks with Paychecks sticker on it. Stay away from that one LOL
                Ya I know....I've owned a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  There's one in central Texas that I won't name that will do it. Also, some dealerships will take a deleted truck on trade. I just went through this last month when I traded my 2014 f250 that was deleted.
                  They'll take them but they usually get sent straight to auction and you get a decreased amount for it.

No individual has been subject to the 25k fine that is referenced above. Many dealerships have been.

I've been on the fence about deleting myself. I think you'll pass inspections though in most counties, I can't speak for the Hippies down there though.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                    I've been on the fence about deleting myself.
                    I wouldn't delete yourself..... They have hotlines you can call for that

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                      I wouldn't delete yourself..... They have hotlines you can call for that
                      Commas are important.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Moral of the story if your asked if you modified the emissions system you say NO!
                        Seems kind of ironic when the 'moral' of a story is to be dishonest.

Comment

Just delete the truck. It's not that big of a deal. I deleted my 16 250 with 800 miles on it and havent had a lick of trouble getting it inspected.

Comment

I bought a new Ram 3500 2 years ago. I have not deleted it yet last year when I went in to get my registration they would not give it to me until I had the truck inspected, I told them I had a 2 year inspection She said in Victoria County we don't honor those on diesel vehicles. I had to get it inspected I was p****d to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                              Don’t worry about it. Inspections for diesels in Texas are different than gas vehicles. All the stories you have heard are just stories.
                              My truck was completely deleted. Williamson County makes a visual inspection part of the process. If you're missing a key component, such as a catalytic converter, they will fail you. Deleted trucks run better and last longer. This government just makes life for Americans more difficult each day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are supposed to check emissions, most places don‘t do it. But if you happen to pick one that does, you will be flagged in computer system, then you have problems. Most places in texas don’t check it, but some do. Like many other things thru the years, at some point they will crack down and everyone will be forced to check. Will that be 2 years from now or 20 years from now, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X