Looking to build my first arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to build my first arrows

Looking to build a set of hunting/backyard arrows. What would y’all recommend for arrows (I feel like I’m asking Ford or Chevy, sorry) going to buy a vane jig tomorrow to fix the arrows I have now.

My draw is 28.5
    Draw poundage is 65.4
    Bow is a Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    Arrow length 29 (insert to center nock)
    Looking to shoot a 100gr with a 50gr insert.
    Right handed
    Charts are tell me 300 spine

When I buy my jig tomorrow, should I get a right helical or left? Any benefits to them?

Any info y’all can pass along will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dad; 08-17-2019, 07:34 PM.

For all around performance and durability it's hard to been gold tip xt hunters and cut from both ends. Their fact weight system makes them super versatile as well.

For quick work I like my ez fletch mini, but if I had my way I'd get a bitz.

Comment

Someone mentioned the victory arrow spine calculator & ive been using it. Works pretty well. I just built some Name Name Game arrows the other day & they fly real well. I use a bitzenbuger jig with a straight clamp slightly off set. I think the slight offset helps in long ranger in my experience. Good luck & have fun.

Comment

Bitz jig is what I’m buying. Down the rabbit hole I go! My arrow have the blazer vanes now and that’s what I’m going to buy and replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just my opinion but buy good arrows. I shoot gold tip pros only you can break them but you have to try very hard. Cut a inch off tail and then measure and cut front. I’m a weirdo but I put spines at the top. Then I put a 3* turn on them but I hunt in southeast ok and these deer are in front of you then behind them under. You need a arrow that going to fix it’s self quick. X little more noise but always flat

Comment

I’ve also just started building my own arrows. I really like Black Eagle Carnivores for the price and tolerances. I got the EZ Fletch and the Mini both in a 6° right helical. They’ve been pretty accurate thus far. Using 2” Rayzr Feathers in back and 100gr ethics inserts up front. I also downloaded the qSpine app and it’s helped a lot also.

Comment

Working...
            X