This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Rivals just proved why they’re becoming a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agreed. ESPN is where it’s at.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      With all due respect, recruiting rankings are somewhat legit. Compare them to how teams finish. They seem to be parallel. Some coaches overachieve.....others underachieve. Teams at the top tend to win a lot. Some teams not anywhere near the top still win. See TCU and Oklahoma State.
      Sure. Anyone with a pulse can see if a guy is bigger, stronger, faster......They are just recording times, etc. Teams that have more bigger, stronger, faster guys win in football. It's not rocket science. Fortunately for the real world there is a lot more that goes into it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Agreed. ESPN is where it’s at.
        I'm going to try and say this without getting lumped in with you and your cronies.....but...…

You posted this because it was VERY anti Texas while not realizing that, although your team was #11....they were 6th in your conference. It doesn't look good for your team. Y'all don't play Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Sure. Anyone with a pulse can see if a guy is bigger, stronger, faster......They are just recording times, etc. Teams that have more bigger, stronger, faster guys win in football. It's not rocket science. Fortunately for the real world there is a lot more that goes into it than that.
          COMPLETELY incorrect.

Players got late bumps due to their performance in games on the field.

Tell your jibberish to Saban. LOL.

I complemented your team and coach. Your Texas hate is shining bright tonight. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
            Good to hear from a fellow Bobcat. I have not followed SWT since Jim Wacker was the head coach and a buddy was one of his assistants. Since we have tickets to all the games, I am planning to be in CS for the opener. I graduated there in '75, when were you there?
            Adios,
            Gary

Was there from 85-90. Was a member of the golf team with admittedly a less than stellar career. One of the biggest regrets was not taking it seriously (dang women) . My daughter will graduate this May with high hopes of continuing her education at PT school. We would both like to be in CS for the CFB opener at the end of August.

>E

Comment

With all due respect, recruiting rankings are somewhat legit. Compare them to how teams finish. They seem to be parallel. Some coaches overachieve.....others underachieve. Teams at the top tend to win a lot. Some teams not anywhere near the top still win. See TCU and Oklahoma State.
              I get it, but like we said last week...you could throw a blanket over the top 9 or so and almost interchange them. I care about being in the top 12-15, past that it's mostly guessing. I'm glad they got a bunch of the guys they wanted, but we won't know if they can play for years in most cases...so ranking them seems pointless to me.

Pre-season rankings are the worst. Even if they could get close, say withing 5 spots....who cares? The only ones that matter are 1-4, no one else has a shot at the prize. I REALLY enjoyed winning the Sugar bowl after all the sec yanks talked for a month about how they were gonna thump Texas' head, but it's not the play offs, and the play offs are the goal.

ESPN was just propping up Texas last week, now they're reputable again....

Comment

COMPLETELY incorrect.

Players got late bumps due to their performance in games on the field.

Tell your jibberish to Saban. LOL.

I complemented your team and coach. Your Texas hate is shining bright tonight. LOL.
                You are reaching. My statements had nothing to do with Texas. I was implying that recruiting services can be right 'most of the time' by ranking bigger, stronger, faster guys. If they were that good at what they did those guys would have been ranked that high initially. They are not scouts, they are reporters. Heck, it's easy to rank someone after its already happened lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I get it, but like we said last week...you could throw a blanket over the top 9 or so and almost interchange them. I care about being in the top 12-15, past that it's mostly guessing. I'm glad they got a bunch of the guys they wanted, but we won't know if they can play for years in most cases...so ranking them seems pointless to me.

Pre-season rankings are the worst. Even if they could get close, say withing 5 spots....who cares? The only ones that matter are 1-4, no one else has a shot at the prize. I REALLY enjoyed winning the Sugar bowl after all the sec yanks talked for a month about how they were gonna thump Texas' head, but it's not the play offs, and the play offs are the goal.

ESPN was just propping up Texas last week, now they're reputable again....
                  'xactly

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator
                    Dude, why do you think I don't respond to Ag comments?

New guy came in with guns blazing, I don't care what team he backs.

Regardless of what you think, you have missed the boat on my read. Ok cool, Hook 'em
                    Points made.

All good dude. My bad.

Comment

How is an FPI article from ESPN, anti Texas? It’s not the fault of TBH Aggies, that Texas isn’t in the TOP 25 of the list and that they wrote a “less than favorable” article about them.

And when did pre-season polls begin to not matter?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        How is an FPI article from ESPN, anti Texas? It’s not the fault of TBH Aggies, that Texas isn’t in the TOP 25 of the list and that they wrote a “less than favorable” article about them.

And when did pre-season polls begin to not matter?

Since the inception of pre season polls.....

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          [/B]

Since the inception of pre season polls.....

Well you wouldn’t know that reading the posts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw the Jim Wacker references. He was definitely a class act. Played for him at TLC from 72 thru 75 where we won two National Championships. He was quite a motivator for sure.
                            Definitely left this world way to soon. geesopisio was one of his saying when things didn't go right.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              Saw the Jim Wacker references. He was definitely a class act. Played for him at TLC from 72 thru 75 where we won two National Championships. He was quite a motivator for sure.
                              Definitely left this world way to soon. geesopisio was one of his saying when things didn't go right.
                              Yep. Turned the program in at Fort Worth for recruiting violations. Boosters were livid. He didn't give a ####!

Comment

This ESPN FPI poll is a joke.
                                Didn’t even care to look up what it is or the parameters it uses to formulate its rankings.
                                Look at last years final FPI Rankings

Comment

Working...
                                X