36 hours into my Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    I ate at 6am, snacked at 7am, 8am, 9am and just ate 2 packs of peanuts at 10am. Lunch can't get here quick enough!
    You need to eat more!!
    You could hide behind a blade of Bahia grass :-)

I used to be that way ..

Comment

I try to fast for 12-18 hours when I get blood work done......it kills me. My stomach is thinking my throats been cut at 12hrs. I try to sleep for most of the 12hrs.

I work with a guy (an older guy) that did a 40 day fast (religious reasons). All he had was water, a certain kind of tea, and I think some black coffee. He made the 40 days, but got extremely sick when he tried to start eating again. He ended up spending 3-4 days in the hospital getting his internals lined back out. He lost a lot of weight. He was a bit over weight to being with.

Comment

There are some studies that point toward it having anti-cancer effects. I am looking into it now and may consider it. Weight loss I don't think would be significant as most of the "quick" weight would be water loss type weight. I can see where it would also have some benefits to the colon

Comment

You can also use some MCT oil to get you over the hump

Comment

Up to 42 hours and I am in beast mode right now, I have to admit the first 24 were tough and even through 30 was hard. The question was asked why I am doing it? I really just wanted to see if I could do it mentally.

Comment

I was doing Keto with 18 hour intermittent fasting and thought why not.

Comment

GRXH guys may have a long fast coming up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

One big negative is my breath is horrendous.

Comment

Good luck OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                      One big negative is my breath is horrendous.

Cant brush your teeth while you fast??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 260Bryce View Post
                        You can also use some MCT oil to get you over the hump
                        untrue. mct oil yields a metabolic response, therefore breaking a fast

Comment

I had to do a 7 day liquid diet in December in preparation for surgery. I lost around 19 pounds in 7 days. It was hard but by day 3 I was losing weight drastically and feeling better. Protein shakes, sugar free jello, Powerade Zero, and Campbell’s soup as long as it didn’t have any chunks.

Comment

I have done 12-18 hours before, mainly for blood draws. But have no desire too do 24hrs or more. I could not imagine trying to do anything physical or much of a work out. If you are goal is to loose weight why not just work out and change your life style. It is not a diet. It just means don't put crap in your pie whole all them time and when you do eat healthy and exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                              I have done 12-18 hours before, mainly for blood draws. But have no desire too do 24hrs or more. I could not imagine trying to do anything physical or much of a work out. If you are goal is to loose weight why not just work out and change your life style. It is not a diet. It just means don't put crap in your pie whole all them time and when you do eat healthy and exercise.

My goal was to see if I can do it. I do work out and have a very healthy diet as it is. Just read some benefits of fasting and like a challenge. I just pushed mowed 1/2 an acre and have a ton of energy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No way I could do it. Btw, I’m cooking homemade mac and cheese, wagyu ribeyes and lobster tails for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X