• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    Did he wake up?

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The first 24 hours is the hardest. After 36 hours is when cellular autophagy begins (cleaning out old / dead cells) and you start to feel pretty good. At 60 hours, it won’t be that big of a deal (hunger wise).

Good luck! You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sit here eating an entire bag of Flipz chocolate covered pretzels thinking why.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Did he wake up?
          He did - hes doing great now.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Why?

Was he on the Survivor tv show?
          He had personal reasons - church thing he wanted to do with a good friend.

Comment

I’ve done several 24hr fasts and am doing one today. I try to do a 24hr once a week and 18hr several times a week. I feel like my energy level is way up and it helps me overcome snacking by reaffirming that I know I can get past the hunger. I might try a 72hr sometime just to see if I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
              Did some reading and thought why not try it. I am doing straight water only with a few vitamin supplements. Has not been to bad since I had drastically reduced carbs about a month ago after the horrendous Thanksgiving/Christmas feasting. I am shooting for a 72 hour fast ending Thursday evening. We will see how this goes. This morning I saw a pig on the side of the road that was hit by a car and started salivating.
              Did that about 2 months ago, to get ready for Christmas feeding frenzy? I made it 64 hours on only water, one orange, and a bite of some rice. I could not do it. Got the idea from Max, the owner of Bill's Burgers in Burnet. Your old neighborhood has a great deal of people that exercise and we all got on this kick. I lost 8 lbs and have only gained 2 of it back. I will be doing again after baseball is over.

Comment

Anyone done something like a 500 or less calorie/day diet for 5-7 days? Taking in only good calories such as boiled eggs, grilled/baked chicken, grilled/baked fish, and raw vegetables.

Just pondering.

Comment

The benefits of fasting are amazing. I’ve done numerous 24hr fasts for spiritual reasons, but recently started researching fasting for health reasons. Completed a 48hr fast a few weeks ago and felt great. As said earlier, the mental part is the biggest challenge, not the physical.

Here’s a great resource to learn more: https://www.dietdoctor.com/learn-int...w-video-course

Comment

Ive been fasting for about an hour now and im starving.

Comment

Good luck. Ill bet you can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck Sausage View Post
                        The benefits of fasting are amazing. I’ve done numerous 24hr fasts for spiritual reasons, but recently started researching fasting for health reasons. Completed a 48hr fast a few weeks ago and felt great. As said earlier, the mental part is the biggest challenge, not the physical.

Here’s a great resource to learn more: https://www.dietdoctor.com/learn-int...w-video-course

Thanks for posting some info

Comment

For every study showing the benefits of fasting there is one showing the detriments of fasting.

Fasting can be hazardous to health if not taken proper care during the process. People do fasting for various reasons and among them, they could be weight loss, health, religion or finance. Fasting can be of various types such as juice only fast and the other is dry fast which excludes all liquids and food.
                          Last edited by Phillip Fields; 02-13-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            For every study showing the benefits of fasting there is one showing the detriments of fasting.

https://www.instah.com/miscellaneous...ts-of-fasting/
                            Agreed and to me all these diets and such are like the latest greatest fishing lure commercials on TV. If it works for you fine, but can you stay on these diets forever?

Comment

Come on Mac. You have been married to long to be doing this. And since you just got your "girlfriend" a jeep, you should be good shape. The shape just might be round

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Agreed and to me all these diets and such are like the latest greatest fishing lure commercials on TV. If it works for you fine, but can you stay on these diets forever?
                                Most diets are not sustainable. They eliminate too many things or require so much effort to keep up with that people just quit. Diets are essentially a habit that people have to make time for, like going to the gym. When it becomes inconvenient or the person doesn’t feel motivated, they quit.

Admittedly I’m trying a diet, but I am try a slightly different approach. I can have whatever whenever as long as it’s all natural. The fasting has helped in that if I am somewhere where natural food is not available, my body has adjusted to be able to skip meals without getting hungry later. So the whole making time for it or extra effort part hasn’t been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X