Benchmade politics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benchmade politics??

Seems that Benchmade knives has stepped into a mess by agreeing to destroy firearms for the local police department. Everything on social media seems to be condemning them. Personally, I see both sides of the coin on this particular matter, but people have started digging and found some interesting political donation information (see links).

Social media exploded in a flurry of virtual pitchforks and torches last night after Oregon City Police Department posted three images and a simple statement: “Thank you Benchmade Knife Company for assisting us today by cutting up guns that are ready to be destroyed.” Benchmade have now responded to the uproar.

Benchmade Knife Co organization profile: contributions by party of recipient, by source of funds, and affiliates.

Has anyone seen anything refuting what is going around social media, other than Benchmade's public statement?

Smells like a Yeti deal to me. I won’t be shooting any of my Benchmade knives, I can tel you that.

Comment

Boycott!

Comment

The destroying guns was iffy but can see both sides I guess.

The 90%+ to donations to Dem’s is pretty ****ty and caught me by surprised. Especially when 80-90% of your customer base are hunters or shooters.

They scrambled yesterday and did a damage control post at 10pm lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          The destroying guns was iffy but can see both sides I guess.

The 90%+ to donations to Dem’s is pretty ****ty and caught me by surprised. Especially when 80-90% of your customer base are hunters or shooters.

They scrambled yesterday and did a damage control post at 10pm lol
          That is kind of my thinking also. The guns were going to be destroyed, whether benchmade did it or not, but donating to anti-2A Dems doesnt make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Boycott!
            That is what everyone is screaming on facespace...

Comment

Do your part by sending all Benchmade 940’s to me.

Comment

That's it. I'm gonna go throw all BM knives into the lake.

Comment

don't own one nor would I buy one after seeing this info.

Comment

For guys to be up in arms about them trying to help a local PD is crazy to me. Have read a bunch, where guys were saying "why couldnt they just give them to kids, instead of destroying them"? Well cause it does not work like that. I auction stuff all the time and guns are the one thing I am not allowed to auction. Certain department's have their policies to follow.

The democratic part is the worse part. As I see no problem with the destroying of those guns. Someone was going to do it.

Comment

I've got one Benchmade that I LOVE, and it's not going anywhere...but they can **** all the way off moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Boycott!
                        Lol......Add em to da list!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree...They should get a pass on the gun cutting, but the donation part...Wow.
                          They stabbed themselves in the foot with this one.
                          Makes ya want to dig more about who else you spend money with and how you could be cutting your own throat by buying certain products.

Comment

Is that donation website reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              Is that donation website reputable?
                              The site is legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X