Kansas 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas 2016

So looking forward to my trip to Kansas that starts on Friday 11/4/16. What is the status of movement so far? I have been following along, but have not seen many post.
    Has anyone had any success so far this year in the Land of Giants? It has been two years since we last hunted our little Slice of Heaven and I am Super Excited to get in a tree and encounter what has transpired since we were last there.
    Post up so pics of any success so far this year.

AND GO......

Headed up November 4 as well.

Comment

So far one big doe down for me. Saw a nice shooter moving right before dark. Soy beans have been harvested in our area, but our farmer left beans all the way around our two big fields.

Turkeys seem to be loving our place because they are showing up more and more. Good luck

Comment

Got here Sat in unit 7. Deer are moving good surprising in this weather. Younger bucks are very rutty. Extremely wet year and warm temps...

Comment

Be careful if you are on public land, it is youth pheasant weekend this coming weekend.

Comment

Dec 4 th for me

Comment

Headed that way on the 5 th!

Comment

just got back from a week in the SE corner, it was slow all week for me, found two small ground scrapes, no bucks chasing, to hot 82 all week, best movement was in the morning because it was a little cooler but only saw small bucks, hunting private and only saw maybe 15 deer all week. heading back up in two weeks but going to keep an eye on the weather up there and might push it to three weeks, need a cold front up there.

Good Luck, and please keep us posted.

Comment

Leavin on th 6th, some bucks with doe, hasn't gone full blown yet, warm weather, fin to change..

Comment

I have to work until 4PM on the 5th,but we will be heading North after that. Won't have to be home till the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                      So looking forward to my trip to Kansas that starts on Friday 11/4/16. What is the status of movement so far? I have been following along, but have not seen many post.
                      Has anyone had any success so far this year in the Land of Giants? It has been two years since we last hunted our little Slice of Heaven and I am Super Excited to get in a tree and encounter what has transpired since we were last there.
                      Post up so pics of any success so far this year.

AND GO......
                      Our group is headed up there on the 4th also to the Lake Melvern area. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Going on my first Kansas bow hunt. Heading up on Nov 20th for a week. Hunting near Sedan, Kansas

Comment

I was supposed to go October 24-30 but the guide cancelled had family emergency, but now with a lot of luck and calls found another place to hunt on short notice head up Nov 30. Sounds like it was warm and slow the week i was supposed to be there. Sometimes everything works out for a reason, I sure would have hated to have that tag burn a hole in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                            Our group is headed up there on the 4th also to the Lake Melvern area. Good luck to everyone.
                            Good luck to you guys. This will be my 4th year to hunt Kansas but my first year trying public ground. We will also be hunting around a lake. Taking the boat hoping to get away from some folks and hunt Corp ground. Have yall had any success on public ground up there?

Comment

Headed up there Nov 11th and will hunt until the day before Thanksgiving unless I get a buck down sooner than that. Praying for some cooler weather to move in before I head up there. The kind of heat we're seeing right now is not promising for heavy movement during hunting hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X