No announcement yet.

jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Every man should own a suit"...that's BS. Every man should own a pocket knfe, every man should own basic tools, every man should own a firearm to protect his family. Suits are pointless and antiquated, actually they aren't antiquated because they've always been pointless. You can dress nice enough to be respectful in any situation without wearing a **** suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      "Every man should own a suit"...that's BS. Every man should own a pocket knfe, every man should own basic tools, every man should own a firearm to protect his family. Suits are pointless and antiquated, actually they aren't antiquated because they've always been pointless. You can dress nice enough to be respectful in any situation without wearing a **** suit.
      Put me in this camp.

Comment

I own those too. Along with a suit. It's just the way I was raised.

Comment

Your dad own one?

Comment

I think a suit is nice, but I think what is most important is that you attend the funeral and support the family in their time of loss and grieving.

Comment

Testify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                You won't be the only one there wearing jeans.

Starched jeans, boots and a blazer is a Texas suit.
                Yup

Western blazer, nice starched jeans, white on white pearl snap dress shirt, silver n black vest, silver belly 20X with my Wildebeast boots is for weddings and funerals.

Comment

Most funerals I'm in jeans and a button down shirt. That being said, my grandfather-in-law passed and I wore the nicest thing I have... khaki pants and a sport coat. I just felt like that was the right thing at the time. Much respect for him and maybe that was my way of showing it because people never see me dressed like that, period.

Comment

Well we all wore Jeans to Chris's funeral.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cowboys.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	24559975

Comment

As long as what you are wearing looks nice then you are good to go. If you know the family, try to wear what you believe they would prefer.

I hate wearing suits too, but they are just another tool in the toolbox.

Some of the jeans and outfits with jeans I see at formal events these days are seriously fruity though. I don't know when that became a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        I have honestly never cared what someone has worn to a funeral, whether it be a loved one or not. If they are there showing respect, that is enough for me. I think the shorts and lake talk example is an extreme. But I know what you are saying. Society has devolved so gradually that we turn around and say " when this this happen?". Hell suit guy could be talking about the lake for all we know. That reflects on that individual alone.
                        I think you understand me. I'm just worried if we do not show proper respect the younger guys will not even know what it is or how to do it.

I agree being respectful is the main thing. Lose the proper attire and wrong attitudes may follow.

Comment

A funeral is for paying respects. Do you think it is respectful to wear jeans? I would say if you have to, then wear a blazer with it. It may be time to buy an outfit for special occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            Your dad own one?
                            Several, so did my grandad. And there's not a place they ever wore them I can't go and be dressed respectfully without a suit.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                              A funeral is for paying respects. Do you think it is respectful to wear jeans? I would say if you have to, then wear a blazer with it. It may be time to buy an outfit for special occasions.
                              "Outfit"....

Comment

Look the best you can , with that said I have seen where a dress code should have been enforced . Some things jut do not belong , pants falling off their arse, tee shirt with a pot leaf on it , nasty dirty feet in sandals . Some things are just wrong though do NOT dress like your trying to get on the " people of Walmart page"

Comment

Working...
                                X