No announcement yet.

Gun hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll rifle hunt some this year, just like most years. It is nice to occasionally sit in a box blind and be a little more relaxed. Can't hunt this weekend due to soccer games and a wedding.

I'm probably 75% bow but I don't feel bad about the times taking the boom stick.

Comment

Nope. No desire to. Good luck to y'all that do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        My dad passed away going on 5 years ago. Opening weekend of rifle season I always hunt with his rifle now, so Saturday it'll be his old Browning BAR instead of my bow.
        Thats awesome, sir I hope you are successful this weekend as you remember your father

Comment

I can’t bowhunt at my place, yet! So, the .300 WTHBY and I will be watching for pigs and a AR buck, no does allowed. Good luck to all!

Comment

I only Bowhunt but I really enjoy sitting in a box blind with my Sons and my Pops while they rifle hunt. This upcoming weekend is the most important weekend of the year for me for that very reason. I have a couple more hours here at work then I'm off until the 23rd, clock is moving way too slow!

Comment

I will be in my stand with a gun. I like the challenge of Bow hunting however it is usually too hot in October. November-December I will gun hunt. Come January during that 2-week doe/spike season I will bring out the Bow again.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                I got no choice it’s either bow or black powder from now on
                Rut roh.....

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I got no choice it’s either bow or black powder from now on
                  catch a felony?

Comment

I hunt with and have as much fun hunting with a rifle as I do a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                      Me. I usually only bowhunt during bow season because it gives me an extra month in the field
                      This

Comment

Not this weekend but I will gun hunt some this year for sure. When I gun hunt though I prefer to cover ground instead of feeder sit. I've also gone seasons where I bow hunted 100% of the time for over 65+ logged hunts.

Comment

I only bow hunt so I can truly appreciate hunting with a rifle. Lol

Comment

Oh absolutely - their fluffy white tails are no match for my high powered rifle!

Comment

Nice to see "tolerance" for those for WHATEVER reason also rifle hunt? Like several, my bow days went bye bye with age and shoulder, but I'm not mad at 'em anymore, deer that is.

So yep, powder weekend and I'll get just as much satisfaction watching and waiting and BAM for meat and another elusive wall hanger.

Just enjoy all...have a BLAST of a good time....

Comment

Depends on my deer situation. If I'm eating tag soup in mid-November, the boom stick comes out. Most my blind setups are bow only. However, I can usually corn a clearing and sit back a 100 plus yards away in the Ranger with my 308. The last few years, I've been able to at least pop one doe within a few hunts doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X