Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    poi·son·ous

(of an animal) producing poison as a means of attacking enemies or prey; venomous.
    adjective: poisonous
    "a poisonous snake"
    synonyms: venomous, deadly
    "a poisonous snake"

Just like an argument, it’s all about your method of delivery!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
      He was huge. I got a little excited!

I should of let him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It happens, pm yor mailing address and I'll send you a TX snake guide pamphlet.

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      It's poisonous if you bite it and you die

It's venomous if it bites you and you die
      Well, if you bite a 6' rattlesnake there's a really good chance you're going to die...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        I’m surprised that with all the snake ID threads and info, that an avid outdoorsman would call them “poisonous.
        I saw what you did there :-)

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
          That was one of the good guys. It was a bull snake for sure. They are heck on the rodent population.
          I was on a lease a few years back and had a leasemate kill one while out dove hunting with his son. He brought it back to camp and proceeded to tell the rest of us that it was a rattlesnake that had evolved/ lost his rattles to avoid predation from wild boars. We had been drinking for awhile and laughed our rear ends off. He got very angry at us for making fun of his trophy rattleless bullsnake.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            It happens, pm yor mailing address and I'll send you a TX snake guide pamphlet.

Well, if you bite a 6' rattlesnake there's a really good chance you're going to die...

Negative.

I have eaten several 6’ rattlesnakes and I’m not even sick.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Negative.

I have eaten several 6’ rattlesnakes and I’m not even sick.
              No,

You didn't bite/eat the whole live snake, you ate one that had been field dressed and most likely frozen.

You bite a live full grown rattlesnake I don't care how good of a hold you think you have on him, you're in deep sheeeet........Just saying....

This venomous crap only came along with the Millennials taking over our schools, John Wayne never said they were venomous...

Comment

So, can someone drink rattlesnake venom and not feel the effects of being bit?

If so, it’s not poison

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  No,

You didn't bite/eat the whole live snake, you ate one that had been field dressed and most likely frozen.

You bite a live full grown rattlesnake I don't care how good of a hold you think you have on him, you're in deep sheeeet........Just saying....

This venomous crap only came along with the Millennials taking over our schools, John Wayne never said they were venomous...
                  Wasn’t John Wayne a draft dodger?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    poi·son·ous

(of an animal) producing poison as a means of attacking enemies or prey; venomous.
                    adjective: poisonous
                    "a poisonous snake"
                    synonyms: venomous, deadly
                    "a poisonous snake"

Burnadell read it on the internet so it much be true!!

And of course we have to pull out the token pic for the snake huggers .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	cavalrly flag snakes finished.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	24552381

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      So, can someone drink rattlesnake venom and not feel the effects of being bit?

If so, it’s not poison
                      Yep. You can drink it and nothing will happen. Unless you have a cut in your mouth or something. I've never done it personally but I know it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        Wasn’t John Wayne a draft dodger?
                        "Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status (classified as 3-A – family deferment). Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him since he was their only A-list actor under contract. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[5]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.

Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944 with the USO.[ By many accounts, his failure to serve in the military was the most painful part of his life.

U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne had, in fact, made an application to serve in the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), precursor to the modern CIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William J. Donovan, OSS Commander issued an OSS Certificate of Service to Wayne."

Comment

Working...
                        X