Fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleas

Started having fleas I put back yard lately. Have sprayed the yard with some stuff your just connect to end of water hose and last week sprayed with some stuff from tractor supply. Put it in my 4 wheeler sprayer and covered back yard really well.
    Still have fleas. Giving dog a bath and putting front line on him. He doesn’t have as many but still some.

Been living at house for 12 years and never had a problem.

Ours made a come back in the last couple of weeks. Our yard backs up to a wooded area and I assume the critters bring them in.

Comment

Dominion 2L
      Spray the yard with it like you did the other stuff and let it dry. Be sure to get everything. Porches, Patio, etc

I also mix it 50/50 with baby oil and put a little directly on the dog like you would with store-bought flea stuff.
      Imidacloprid is the active ingredient

Comment

What can be sprayed to get rid of them?

Should we get it professionally sprayed?

Comment

only way to get rid of them is to treat often because some spray's will not kill the eggs, they hatch and your covered up again,,,, for the yard I use granual and liquid be ready for them in the house

Comment

Spray the Dominion about 2 weeks apart and you should be good til next summer.
            Unless you have something else bringing fleas in (other dogs or critters)

Comment

Yes getting a few in house too. Set off some Raid. It need to put out more.

Comment

After you get the yard treated, take the dog to the vet and have it put on trifectis. It's a heart worm prevention and your flea problem will be over. It kills fleas and it works.

Comment

Regent kills fleas,ants, mosquitoes and a bunch of insects. I put about a pint per acre and the residual is about 2 years. Not labeled for your yard though, it’s for potatoes.

Comment

For in the house use Zoecon Precor 2000 Plus....only thing I have found that will kill them with one application. Bombs never worked only knocked them back.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      After you get the yard treated, take the dog to the vet and have it put on trifectis. It's a heart worm prevention and your flea problem will be over. It kills fleas and it works.
                      We have him on the 6 month injectable heartworm. Would have to verify what exactly it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                        We have him on the 6 month injectable heartworm. Would have to verify what exactly it is.
                        We use Nexgard along with our heartworm meds. Nexgard is for fleas and ticks

Comment

Fleas are on a 10 day cycle. Treat everywhere every week for 3-4 weeks should take care of them. Eggs laid today will hatch in 10 days and be laying another round of eggs 10 days later so that is why repeated treatments are recommended.

Comment

Spray DE

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                              It's called trifexis not trifectis lol. Auto correct got me again. Google it and read about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X