Pulled the trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger

I ordered the scent crusher ozone gear bag with free ozone for from Cabelas. Looking forward to seeing how well it works. I know ozone doesn’t do well on rubber and elastic. What about short bursts like 5-10 minutes in the bag. Thoughts?

It is interesting for sure. I know my Ozonics has saved my butt for years when those deer get skiddish………...and smart. Try it on some exotics and hogs this summer and let us know.

Comment

I use mine alot. Works great. Only problem is that it rotted my top of my bag where my zipper attached. so I went to close it and pulled a section of the bag and zipper off.

Comment

I'm curious. How is it the hose that the ozone travel thru from the generator to the bag doesn't get bad? Is it made of some special material that is immune to the ozone?

Comment

I put a pair of lacrosse in mine maybe 5-6 times. All less than 15 minutes and they almost fell in half. Did binoculars once and eye cups fell off too

Sure hope it doesn’t destroy several thousand dollars worth of clothes.

Comment

My Scent Crusher bag will be in tomorrow. I will play it safe and keep my rubber boots out. I don't think the boots will odor as much as the things that actually sweat. Shirt, pants and mask get doused during October bow season. Nothing elastic or rubber with those. Just dri-fit and denom.

Comment

Never had issues with mine. Have 2 and use them a lot during the season. LaCrosse boots no problem as well as elastics in clothes no issues. I also run the Scent Crusher truck adapter daily.

Comment

Last year I bought one of those potable closets that is about 3 feet wide and 5 feet tall. It has a tube frame and a bag that slides over it. The front has a zipper and we would hang our clothes and put boots on the bottom. We hung one of those ozone generators that you plug in your cigarette lighter in your car. We bout a converter and plug it into the wall. You could for sure smell the ozone when you opened the closet so I think it works.
                Closet was $20 the generator $20 and the converter $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Never had issues with mine. Have 2 and use them a lot during the season. LaCrosse boots no problem as well as elastics in clothes no issues. I also run the Scent Crusher truck adapter daily.
                  That's crazy how you have had zero issues yet others do. And your not alone. I see this hit and miss stuff with whether it destroys materials or not.

What I don't see is people saying "this doesn't work".

Comment

Ok. Here is an update.

Got the scent crusher bag in.

I had some clothes that had sat in a vacuum bag for months. I had actually forgot about them. The last day I had hunted, it rained and they got soaked. Needless to say, they had a mold smell that several times thru the washing machine and sitting out in the hot sun couldn’t fix. I put these in the bag for 30 mins. Started to see some results. Did another 30 minutes. Practically gone is the mold smell.

If this thing works that well on mold smell, I have zero doubts about what it will do for sweat from a morning or evening hunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X