Let's Talk Pellet Smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk Pellet Smokers

I'm getting one after I review this thread after deciding which one to get.

Which ones do y'all recommend? I'm wanting one that I can smoke with and also grill steaks on if I want. Any info would he great and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have some friends that have the Pit Boss brand. I think they are lower end but have had no problems with them.

Comment

I have the pit boss Austin. It has been pretty good. Plus it has the option to open flame your steaks. It will really just come down to if you want to spend $2500 and up or 5-600. Whichever one you get make sure it sits level so grease drains right.

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
        I have the pit boss Austin. It has been pretty good. Plus it has the option to open flame your steaks. It will really just come down to if you want to spend $2500 and up or 5-600. Whichever one you get make sure it sits level so grease drains right.
        Yea, wanting to stay in the $500-$700 range. Something that will do a 13 pd brisket or fit a few racks of ribs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a green mountain. I like it. I’ve used my buddies traeger and didn’t like the temperature settings like I do the GMG. I would buy it again over the traeger.

Comment

I have a Green Mountain Daniel Boone with WiFi. I’m really happy with it. think they are better than the Traegers and are supposed to have better temperature controllers too unless Traeger has upgraded.

Comment

Following

Comment

Hey Johnnnhyyy

Here’s a Traeger I’m selling.

Comment

On the pit boss 440. What is the P set above the temps for/mean?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my pit boss. P settings let you control how much smoke you want. Type pellet in the search menu. Lot of info on this site on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnysquidTX View Post
                      Love my pit boss. P settings let you control how much smoke you want. Type pellet in the search menu. Lot of info on this site on this topic.
                      Ok thanks

Comment

I have an Outdoor Gourmet from Academy and a Green Mountain Davy Crockett. The Green Mountain has much better temp control and the WIFI comes in pretty handy to monitor it with your phone. From what I have read Green mountain has excellent customer service as well.

Comment

I have a Yoder with a set of direct grilling grates. Works great, but a little more than $700

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                            Ok thanks

My thoughts kinda ran together there. A lot of info on pellet smokers in general.

For the P setting, there is a chart in the manual or you can google images for the chart. I usually leave mine on the default which is 4.

For the OP, on the pit boss you can smoke or can expose the flame and grill. One of the best things I've bought.

Comment

I have the Traeger 34 and absolutely love it. They are also on sale right now at Home Depot for $599.

Comment

Working...
                              X