Barrel Recommendation for T/C Encore Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel Recommendation for T/C Encore Pistol

Looking to get a T/C Encore pistol and I am wanting to get some advice on what barrel to get. I will be only hunting whitetail/hogs. I don't foresee shooting over 100 yards...if that far. Having not shot one before, I am not sure how much recoil I can stand. I won't be reloading, so I would want a standard caliber. Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

There are a ton that will work for you. I have 7mm BR, 454 casull currantly and have shot up to elk size animals. Either one is very accurate at 100 yards, recoil is a little stout with the 454 but not bad at all. The bench rest is both very accurate and pleasant to shoot. They are available In just about any caliber you can imagine. A 243, 30-30, 6.5 creedmoor, 7mm08, 44 mag, 45 long colt, 444 marlin, 7-30 waters and many more would all do what your wanting to do.
    Last edited by critter69; 10-29-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

If I were to do it again when I bought mine I would get a .30-30, .357, .44 mag, something along those lines. But probably a .30-30. I got a .308 and it shoots great and it kills stuff but it is a handful to shoot more than a few times and not very pleasant.

Comment

I went with a Contender several years ago and have bought & sold many barrels. My favorite was a .30-30 with muzzle break. While fun to shoot, it was also very loud and you would not want to fire even 1 shot without hearing protection. Plus .30-30 isn't legal for deer here in IL. The 2 barrels I've kept are .357 Maximum & .30 Carbine. The first for hunting & the second for plinking.

Comment

I would go with a Contender, there seem to be more factory barrels available. Search online for ammo before you buy one, some of the specialized stuff is reload only. Like said 30-30 would be a good one another is 300 savage. 7-30 Waters would be my choice but ammo may be hard to find. The 35 Remington would be a good option with fairly easy to find ammo.

Comment

I have one in a 260 Remington with a 16” heavy barrel and it is actually pleasant to shoot, especially with the suppressor attached.

Longest shot to date is 155 yards on a doe a few years back.

I would stick with the Encore over the contender. It’s a much more robust frame and opens up more options for more powerful calibers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm in this same boat. What did you go with?

Contemplating getting a pistol frame or a 16-18" threaded barrel on my rifle frame. 30-30 & 308 are at the top of my list but im also thinking about cutting down a 270 barrel I already own

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 7-30 Waters and really like it.

Comment

Pistol barrel

Look at Match Grade Machine they build TC barrels I have a 30br and had a 460 both ported and shot lights out at 150 yards.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X