No announcement yet.

Spypoint Cell link review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having some issues with mine now. It worked great for a few months and then the batteries died in it about 3 weeks ago. I finally got down there this past weekend and replaced the batteries and turned it on. It’s been sending me the last 8 pictures from 10/3 and I have about an dozen and half copies of those pics now. Tech support has tried to do a “update” cause they said the firmware needed updating but it’s not fixed. Going to have my cousin pick it up this weekend while he is down there and see if I can’t get it working. I pitiably should have pulled the micro SD and tried to delete any pics on it if the camera kept taking pics. Who knows. It was good while it lasted ��

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Make sure you have the transfer time set up in settings, cellular setup. You can set it to start transferring to you at a certain time every day and up to 12 times a day OR even “each detection”. If you do the later it will eat up the batteries however.
      I appreciate the info. But this is why I don’t think I set it up correctly. I do not have a page that looks like this on my app.

Comment

Well here’s the latest... last night I set the cell link up on a post on the back porch and used a $30 Tasco camera from Walmart. No pics were sent to the app on my phone. Today I took the SD card adapter from the cell link and put it in my SD card reader and I found it did take over 100 pics of my dogs in the backyard along with 1 possum that somehow snuck through without them know about 2:30am lol. So it is taking pics it’s just not transmitting them to my phone app. I’m thinking of deleting the app then reinstalling it. Think that my work?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
          Well here’s the latest... last night I set the cell link up on a post on the back porch and used a $30 Tasco camera from Walmart. No pics were sent to the app on my phone. Today I took the SD card adapter from the cell link and put it in my SD card reader and I found it did take over 100 pics of my dogs in the backyard along with 1 possum that somehow snuck through without them know about 2:30am lol. So it is taking pics it’s just not transmitting them to my phone app. I’m thinking of deleting the app then reinstalling it. Think that my work?

Man I have no idea. If you set it up correctly where you got the green or orange "strength" signal it should communicate with the server.
          Did you do all of these steps?

Comment

I think it’s just not activated. I even never gotten to this step.
            Attached Files

Comment

We all bought them for both our leases. I have one that shows 2 bars, ad sends pics like a champ. I have another one that shows 4 bars(%90) and doesn't send crap..... I've even swapped cameras.... NOTHING

Comment

I had to download the updated firmware files and copy them to the micro sd card for both of my cell links to work properly, no problems since then.

Comment

Working...
                X