No announcement yet.

Toughest arrow on the market today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed to GrizzlyStik TDT's before going to Africa and have had great success. I am not saying they won't break as I had a Kudu and a Stag break one, but have been extremely happy with them and laid down lots of critters with them. They will stay in my quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Bishop, hands down, by a long shot, nothing really even close. There is another place out of Australia or New Zealand that had some indestructible shaft due out, but I haven’t seen if they are available or not. You want the strongest, be willing to pay a lot for them! Warrantied to never brake, last arrows you will need ! Check them out, I am sure you will post back here once you Do.
      Wow!

Comment

Easton Carbon Injexion for me.

I use the titanium insert/outsert. They hit like a freight train, and I have not broken one yet. Been using them about a year.

Comment

knock on wood.... but I haven't broke a victory VAP 300 yet going on two years and lots of pigs. before that I shot easton axis 300s and never broke one of those either

the shafts I used to break all the time were easton flatline 340s and my easton fmj 400s

Comment

I Shoot Easton Axis. I love the smaller diameter shafts for penetration. I've gone through a couple dozen over the years. They seem to be one of the most consistent and accurate arrows. However, they are by far not the toughest arrows, because of the smaller diameter shafts.

The FMJ's that have aluminium integrated in them, which can bend fairly easily, so I wouldn't qualify them for being tough or a true carbon arrow.

My carbon express pile drivers and mayhems were way tougher than my easton axis and the Easton ST Epics, but overall I don't think they're as accurate as the Easton Axis.

The toughest arrow I've used were the Carbon Express pile drivers. They have the weight of the Easton FMJ's, but 100% carbon construction.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 10-29-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
              I have been shooting some Day 6's and they are supposedly very tough. I don't know personally if they are tougher than anything else but I like the insert/outsert design.

Dave
              I really want to try these...A heavy micro diameter arrow. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Better spin test those metal arrows. They have a tendency to bend.

I really have liked the GT Pierce arrows, but they definitely aren't the "toughest" arrow.

I looked up those Bishop arrows. Man I am not afraid to spend some money on Archery equipment, but I would have a heart attack if I lost one in a pig, grass or wherever. I'd spend all day looking for one. I'm sure those suckers are as tough as they come though.

Comment

Axis

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                I have been pretty impressed with Easton axis and even more so with an iron will collar up front. I also shoot gold tip platinum pierce and I can’t remember breaking one.
                All day, forgot to adjust yardage on one a couple of weeks ago and shot one into a boulder behind my target. It squared it up and bounced straight back about 10 yards. Ran the same arrow through a pigs ribcage this week and still shooting it.

Comment

x2. They are legit. I've been shooting them for years.

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Axis n-fused most likely.

If that is what Doc ment, ill say x2. Been shooting them for quite awhile now, and only messed up 1 by hitting something very hard and jamming the insert further into the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Easton axis 5mm HIT
                    I shot so many critters and and hit rocks etc
                    Rarely broke one

Comment

I have Carbon express heritage shafts that are pushing 20 years old. other than pigs rolling on them I have never broken one. I have hit rocks ect and knocked the insert out but other than that I shoot something, wash the shaft and put new feathers on them.Click image for larger version

Name:	468.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	24636501

Comment

I may be an outlier here but I had bad luck with axis. FMJ and blood sport. I have gone back to gold tip XTs. They seem to hold up the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                          I may be an outlier here but I had bad luck with axis. FMJ and blood sport. I have gone back to gold tip XTs. They seem to hold up the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          No your not alone, I have those and carbon express, carnivore and a few others. And I am back with gold tip pro hunters, most cost effective, durable ( with out considering the bishops) shafts I’ve used. I keep trying the newest greatest shafts, but it’s so hard to beat gold tips when all said and done. I lose them quite regularly but hardly ever have a broken one, even in animals passing through animals, missed animals, stump shooting ( random targets out in the field) even missing and hitting rocks . Can’t say that with any of others I’ve tried.
                          Last edited by critter69; 10-29-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X