No announcement yet.

2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deer actually made a new scrape about 3' from mine and are working it. Figures

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
      The deer actually made a new scrape about 3' from mine and are working it. Figures
      Perfect

Comment

Can you tell what they preferred over yours to duplicate it next time? Other than location

Also study why they picked that location

Comment

Man I guess I need some private lessons, I can't get a deer to touch my scrapes. I don't really have any heavily traveled type pinch points so maybe thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Man I guess I need some private lessons, I can't get a deer to touch my scrapes. I don't really have any heavily traveled type pinch points so maybe thats the problem.
            Got any pics of what you built?

Location is key. It don’t draw them in, it patterns them by a specific location. But they need to be something they would have used anyway (imho)

Comment

Gotcha, I have them near hand corn spots. I have used my own urine, then I installed some of the drip dispensers. Still nothing yet but I also have not seen any natural scrapes around and not much on rubs. This area is different than most places I've hunted. I have hunted low density areas before and still see this activity. I have been here 3 years and have seen very little rubs and scrapes over that time. Trying to pattern deer movement here is also almost impossible. Totally random, i'm just trying to turn the odds in my favor a little.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                LOL me too. Bought all this high end facebook-promoted stuff and they are working a scrape 10 feet away. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Can you tell what they preferred over yours to duplicate it next time? Other than location

Also study why they picked that location
                  They just like the brush hanging there better I guess. Its just a tangled wall of bush they are working and scraping against.

My scrape is on the east side of the trail by about 6 inches and the natural on is on the west side of the trail by about 6 inches.

Could be the bobcat I have on camera jumping up and playing with my vine like a cat toy keeping them off it?

Comment

If there is a road through the woods or an inside or outside corner of a field, those are good places to start. Outside field edge are the best.

Try some Anise Oil, you can get it in the grocery store, drip it on the licking branch and in the scrape. Put it in a scrape dripper. Vanilla is also a good attractant to use in a dripper.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      If there is a road through the woods or an inside or outside corner of a field, those are good places to start. Outside field edge are the best.

Try some Anise Oil, you can get it in the grocery store, drip it on the licking branch and in the scrape. Put it in a scrape dripper. Vanilla is also a good attractant to use in a dripper.
                      What is anise oil? Never heard of it especially as an attractant.
                      One that I just started is close to a corner on a field edge near one of my hand corn/food plot spots

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        X2 they work mine year round. Rut has nothing to do with my community scrapes
                        I put it where they have a big scrape every year that is used most of the season. Guess it isn’t a tight enough pinch point and is just a rut spot. I’ll have to try some new areas near bedding or on trails from food plots.

Comment

Originally posted by LouisianaExpat View Post
                          I put it where they have a big scrape every year that is used most of the season. Guess it isn’t a tight enough pinch point and is just a rut spot. I’ll have to try some new areas near bedding or on trails from food plots.
                          Correct. The easy ones to go find now... are a flash in the pan. They may not visit those but a few times

Comment

What is anise oil? Never heard of it especially as an attractant.
                            One that I just started is close to a corner on a field edge near one of my hand corn/food plot spots
                            Anise oil is used in baking. It is in the baking section, right next to the vanilla. Deer love it. You can however use your own urine.

Sounds like a good location.

Comment

Not a mock. Found a pretty good one on Uncle Sam land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually had a scrape pop up at one of my stand spots. I had a mock scrape about 15yds away but I guess it wasn’t in a good enough spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X