Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #551
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp005 View Post
Iím liking it so far. Iím just more familiar with Pulsar and like the features.
I compared the image of the XG50 to the Halo Lr side by side before I sold the halo.. Looking at cows way way down in a big bottom, the Halo could give a positive ID at a lil further ranges.. Iíd say the image quality is 10-15%ish better on the halo. Iím happy with the XG50 and look forward to a hopeful image update soon.
Likes on the pulsar are
-Built in recording
-being able to swap the batteries while keeping the scope running
-I like the reticle options much more on the pulsar, especially being able to change the actual reticle color
-Iím a big fan of the sepia color palette now
-Image quality is fantastic and the 3x zoom is the PERFECT sweet spot for me

Dislikes on the XG50:
-The battery life sucks
-I run it on semi auto Nuc and it seems like Iím having to Nuc it pretty dang often compared to the Halo
-Iíve always liked killing on black hot.....but the image quality is the worst on black hot.. everything looks like blobs and thereís not much detail
Very fair review and I've been saying the XG50 has 10-15% less image quality than the Halo LR since the very first night I took it hunting back in the summer. I'm glad to hear the same thing from other unbiased end users. Every reasonable person I've talked to who has experience with both agrees.

Jason
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #552
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp005 View Post
Iím liking it so far. Iím just more familiar with Pulsar and like the features.
I compared the image of the XG50 to the Halo Lr side by side before I sold the halo.. Looking at cows way way down in a big bottom, the Halo could give a positive ID at a lil further ranges.. Iíd say the image quality is 10-15%ish better on the halo. Iím happy with the XG50 and look forward to a hopeful image update soon.
Likes on the pulsar are
-Built in recording
-being able to swap the batteries while keeping the scope running
-I like the reticle options much more on the pulsar, especially being able to change the actual reticle color
-Iím a big fan of the sepia color palette now
-Image quality is fantastic and the 3x zoom is the PERFECT sweet spot for me

Dislikes on the XG50:
-The battery life sucks
-I run it on semi auto Nuc and it seems like Iím having to Nuc it pretty dang often compared to the Halo
-Iíve always liked killing on black hot.....but the image quality is the worst on black hot.. everything looks like blobs and thereís not much detail
Great review! I really like the XG, but I before I need to buy my 2nd thermal something else will come out.

I love my reap. Just wish it had onboard recording and 3x zoom. 2.5x is just not enough initial zoom for me
gingib is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #553
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

I looked through a Pulsar Thermal the other night, and, though the sensor was good, one of the higher resolution ones, the optics were not with poor edge clarity and a rounded field. Now, I don't know what model it was, but the guy bought it within the last year.
ultrastealth is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #554
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
I looked through a Pulsar Thermal the other night, and, though the sensor was good, one of the higher resolution ones, the optics were not with poor edge clarity and a rounded field. Now, I don't know what model it was, but the guy bought it within the last year.
Sorry, I'm confused, did you look through multiple scopes or just one? You said the Pulsar was good but then said something else wasn't good. I know you said you don't know what model but without that info we can't really comment on what you were looking at. If you can find out the exact model it would be helpful.
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top