No announcement yet.

Shotgun Slug vs Muzzleloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have used both over the years. Remington shotgun smooth bore slugs barrel with rifle sights. Using Remington slugs good out to 100 yards. Have 3 mossberg shotgun with a riffled barrel, 1 12 guage an 2 20 guage. Tried different sabots in them, all 3 shot Winchester Platinum sabots best. Had a friend that was a rep for Remington give me several boxes of Remington power point sabots that were supposed to be good out to 250 yards. I couldn't get them to group out of any of the guns at 100 yards. Think they were too hot of loads.

Comment

Shot 10-12 deer with smooth bore bird barrel and just the bead sights. I tried a 20ga with red dot clamped onto the rib and it made everything a whole lot easier. Smooth bore or rifled I recommend rifle sights, scope or red dot. Some of the smooth bores using old foster style slugs are surprisingly accurate if you have decent sights.

Comment

Easiest thing to do would be go buy a Savage 220 slug gun - just a Savage bolt action rifle with a 20 gauge barrel. And they shoot like a rifle.

Hunted with SGs & MLs for a long time and this Savage is hard to bear. One thing I've heard about hunting Nilgai is keep shooting them until they know they are dead!

Comment

meant beat - not bear!

Comment

Working...
          X