Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    [emoji1603][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was supposed to be...

[emoji1369][emoji1360]

Apologies, y’all.

Comment

Why would anybody want to live in Nacadoghes?

Comment

Legal fight is usually only costly for the person that was deemed in the wrong. They will pay court costs and often attorney fees. Cody you handled it the best you could. You are asking far less than what I would. I would have also taken care of the folks that worked hard for me. At this point however I would be seeking full refund for the entire party in the court system.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          I'd suggest going to mediation and let both men work it out with a skilled mediator. A workable resolution, agreed to by both parties, is far better than a costly legal fight with no winners but the attorneys. I'd also recommend not posting on social media since that does nothing to help resolve the situation and usually only inflames the parties and makes effective dispute resolution much more difficult.
          X2

Comment

[emoji1369][emoji1360]

Apologies, y’all.

Lol! Had me confused for a second.

Comment

I would be so mad had I arrived to those conditions. Unless he told you in your meeting in TX. I wish you the best. This outfitter has probably cost himself way more than just giving you the discount.

Comment

[emoji1369][emoji1360]

Apologies, y’all.

LOL! I was wondering if that was an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                  Agreed! Everytime someone looks up Dare to Bowhunt on the web, this thread will come up! Its really sad actually.
                  Yup. Give it a few weeks for this forum to get crawled and it'll be front and center when you search "Dare to Bowhunt".

I was actually looking to book with them within the next year because of the TBH positive feedback and good pricing but I am not doing that now for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                  You say you travel internationally and would would dealt with it then. One BIG rule when traveling like that, NEVER get on the bad side of the locals when you don't have someone in the states watching your back and the op didn't.
                  I LOL'd when I read his comment about that. You're essentially stranded in the middle of nowhere Africa, sounds like a great idea to tick off the locals. I have traveled everywhere. Of all the places I have been, I had two instances in Africa that I was concerned for my safety. Africa can get like the wild west in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    Why would anybody want to live in Nacadoghes?
                    Pretty country.

Gary

Comment

[emoji1369][emoji1360]

Apologies, y’all.

Lol I thought someone ****** you off Dale

Comment

With any luck this thread can entertain us until 9/28!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by TeamAmerica; 09-05-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                          Scam tactics like this hurt ALL outfitters, even the honest ones. Some folks considering an African trip will think twice about going.
                          I hope not... That would be a shame... You will encounter unscrupulous outfitters everywhere, not just in Africa. There are many well-established, reputable African outfitters capable of providing you a fantastic safari... With that, I cannot over-stress the importance of contacting multiple references, and asking the outfitter lots of questions about every aspect of the hunt before you book. In my experiences, 9 out of 10 client/outfitter problems are the result of lack of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
                            I hope not... That would be a shame... You will encounter unscrupulous outfitters everywhere, not just in Africa. There are many well-established, reputable African outfitters capable of providing you a fantastic safari... With that, I cannot over-stress the importance of contacting multiple references, and asking the outfitter lots of questions about every aspect of the hunt before you book. In my experiences, 9 out of 10 client/outfitter problems are the result of lack of communication.
                            Your point is well taken but I spoke to three different folks who hunted with Lammie last year when I was considering going. All positive to very positive feedback.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
                              This gets lots or forgotten by most and not properly done.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Your point is well taken but I spoke to three different folks who hunted with Lammie last year when I was considering going. All positive to very positive feedback.

Gary
                              That is normal procedure and honestly, seems like most of Lammie's hunts have been that way or this wouldn't be the first time.

For me, there are 2 parts to researching. First part, asking others, preferably not provided by the outfitter

The other part is asking the right questions. Unfortunately many, especially first timers, don't know what questions to ask or even what to look for when they do get a response to their question. In every sales pitch there is something not being addressed. Finding that is the trick. What I find helpful is asking each outfitter about the others. They will all "spill" the other outfitter's secrets. After a while you will pick up 5 or 6 key questions to zoom in on and see how each one will respond.

In this case, the first thing I noticed (besides the extremely low prices) was the amount of property, or lack of. Small hunting tracts should led you to start asking about contingency plans if something happens on the property. Many properties have quotas. What happens if the animal you want has already had the quota filled? With not much property to hunt how do you handle that? Back to low prices, with prices so low, that probably means they are only good for the outfitter owned property. What happens if you go to a different concession owned by someone else? Will they honor the pricing?

Just a few little things like that which most outfitters won't tell you unless you specifically ask.

Personally, the only way I'm hunting small concessions with low prices is if I'm in Texas. If I fly halfway around the world, I'm making sure there is plenty of land to hunt for the species I'm after.

Comment

[emoji1369][emoji1360]

Apologies, y’all.

I saw that. Was like well hell Dale done got ****** off

Comment

Working...
                                X