Diy feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy feeder

Well this pandemic has me with a little more free time than usual so i decided to try and be productive with the extra free time. I contacted my local welding shop and offered to help for free if I could work my way into learning to weld properly. I have worked with them a total of about 150 hours off and on when time allows and when they need help. With my new found confidence and a sweet Facebook Market place find i decided to take on my first project. HUGE learning curve but with the help of my welding friends Huntsville Steel and Fabrication i think i got this! Let me know what you think
    PS if you are in the pineywoods area of texas and need someone to do some welding Tod and Justin are your guys at Huntsville steel and fabrication. Them some hard working people that do top notch work
    Attached Files

Good work brother, looks solid and dependable. It will hunt for many years.

Comment

Nice! How much corn do you think it will hold? If you are using 4"x4" hog panel, I think coons will find a way to get in and mess with your feeder plate, just a heads up

Comment

That thing is humongous!!!

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Nice! How much corn do you think it will hold? If you are using 4"x4" hog panel, I think coons will find a way to get in and mess with your feeder plate, just a heads up
            I used horse panels 4"x4" i think the only ones that will be able to get in there are small coons not the adults but who knows we will see. My guess is it will hold about 2500lbs

Comment

That thing's a beast! Looks good.
              And the only coon I could see getting to that spinner better have really long arms... like over a foot long!

Rough guess on volume (looks like 3.5' x 3.5' x 2' for the main box, plus the hopper) looks to be 1,400-1,500 lbs, easily. Still, that's a bunch of corn!

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                That thing's a beast! Looks good.
                And the only coon I could see getting to that spinner better have really long arms... like over a foot long!

Rough guess on volume (looks like 3.5' x 3.5' x 2' for the main box, plus the hopper) looks to be 1,400-1,500 lbs, easily. Still, that's a bunch of corn!
                i hope your right bc thats going to take forever to fill

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I really like your drive to learn to weld by unpaid internship! Good, hard working individual you seem to be. Feeder is awesome as well!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      I really like your drive to learn to weld by unpaid internship! Good, hard working individual you seem to be. Feeder is awesome as well!
                      Thank you for the kind words. I wanted to learn and i know they have a business to run so if i wanted them to take time out of their day to teach me i had to offer something to make up for that lost income. I just really wanted to learn because i love to build and at that time i could only build with wood but now i can make things that my children could give to there children if they take care of it and that is soooooo cool to me

Comment

nice feeder

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Muley1987 View Post
                            Nice!

Do you mind sharing how much you have in materials ? Thanks been wanting to learn how to weld myself
                            Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

350ish is just steel and the horse panel then the spinner with solar i think was 250

Comment

Working...
                              X