Best Seafood Joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Seafood Joint

Where is the best place to get fresh seafood? For me, it’s shrimp. Wife, well, it could be anything!!
    Back in the early mid 90’s, I worked a job in Freeport. There was a hole in the wall restaurant, don’t remember the name, but had the BEST fried shrimp I ever ate. Looking at maybe spending a weekend on the coast in the next few weeks. I just want some good ole shrimp!!
    What can y’all recommend?

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Where is the best place to get fresh seafood? For me, it’s shrimp. Wife, well, it could be anything!!
    Back in the early mid 90’s, I worked a job in Freeport. There was a hole in the wall restaurant, don’t remember the name, but had the BEST fried shrimp I ever ate. Looking at maybe spending a weekend on the coast in the next few weeks. I just want some good ole shrimp!!
    What can y’all recommend?
    Where in particular on the coast are y’all looking to go?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
      Where in particular on the coast are y’all looking to go?
      Anywhere from Galveston to Corpus Christie. I just want a couple nights of pigging out on some fresh shrimp. Wife won’t care as long as she’s not cooped up in the house
      We can be in Galveston in about 3 hours and Corpus in 4 1/2 hrs and anything in between, about 3 to 4 hr drive.

Comment

For fried shrimp Cathys in POC is my favorite anywhere. They don’t have anything else to brag about until winter when they have shrimp and oysters

Comment

Captain Tom's.

Comment

I’ve always been a big fan of Shrimp n Stuff in Galveston over all of the other big named chains down in Galveston. Sort of has that hole in the wall sort of feel and excellent seafood ... especially the shrimp.

Comment

2nd that cathys In POCO. Wife and I share the platter enough for the both of us.

Comment

Seabrooks Seafood, Seabrook, TX.

Comment

Monument Inn. Pan fried shrimp

Comment

If your not looking for ambience cathys in port O’Connor all you can eat they will bring as many as yo want. And a great breading.

Comment

Believe it or not some of the best fried shrimp at a restaurant I have ever had was at a true hole in the wall in Tyler. Called Bud Jones. Even better than most of the places on the coast I’ve tried. Will have to try Cathys next time

Comment

I know this is south of corpus, but years ago Kings Inn in Kingsville was awesome. They also sold shucked oysters by the gallon. Man was it good.

Comment

Top Water Grill in San Leon, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                            Top Water Grill in San Leon, Texas
                            Very good

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              For fried shrimp Cathys in POC is my favorite anywhere. They don’t have anything else to brag about until winter when they have shrimp and oysters

Agreed
                              That shrimp is the best I have had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X