Is COVID spreading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is COVID spreading?

"Infections surge" Blah blah... Headlines act like the virus is spreading big time. Is there any truth to this or is it simply because testing is still becoming more available?

Surely there has to be data by now showing the # of tests versus the # of positives to see if or how much it's spreading.

And do people not realize there are 350,000,000 people in America and 60-70% will get this virus? Can they not do math that we WILL be "setting records" over and over for a LONG freaking time until the number reaches 250 million or so?

All of this was laid out back at in late Feb/March.

But if anyone finds data on the actual spread please post it. I could care less about the media false data.

In Comal county of those that have been tested 12.63% are positive. These numbers are from today and they are the highest to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, we are having a surge here in Texas & an explosion in the valley...buncha cry babies whining about their mild symptoms thinking they got days to live thanks to the media & state / local officials.

You can't escape what everyone is going to eventually come across so how could we not have our turn in one of the most populous states?? It will take time but the more folks who catch it & get over it will eventually admit it's just another flu which only causes severe symptoms & death in very extreme minute cases being less than 1%.

Comment

I think the testing is either getting more accurate or possibly a whole lot less accurate.
        Either way its because testing is readily available.
        Personally i dont know how accurate a test could be if it was developed and distributed in weeks for a brand new ailment

Comment

Both. More testing and counting "presumed positives" = higher numbers. There's also a big surge of CV in Mexico, and that's spreading over the border.

Comment

There are more reported positive cases right now but I am not sure about more testing. The testing crew that is doing it in the Walmart parking lot where I work took Wednesday and tomorrow off that they normally test to celebrate the 4th of July. Evidently not concerned enough about Corona if they are taking off to go celebrate the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
              In Comal county of those that have been tested 12.63% are positive. These numbers are from today and they are the highest to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              One word......Tourism

Comment

Yes, it's spreading but I don't know how they can stop the spread

Comment

The rgv has seen a spike in increase due to testing readily available although the people contribute to it by going to the beach, mall, having gatherings just everyday life business but are not being precautious about it. You can get the virus and eventually it will go away then you let your guard down and boom you get it again as it’s been happening there are different strands of COVID each one can be mild to severe depending on the strand and if your body has fully gotten over it. I think some people are naive or ignorant for not wanting to follow simple rules or guidelines because they feel their rights are being violated.

Comment

Don’t forget about the false positives

Comment

If they had been testing in Jan , feb, and mar h like they are now ....we would all be happy with today's numbers. In march if they really thought you had the stuff you would be ordered to go home and isolate with your family that had already been exposed. None of them would be tested.period.

Comment

I’ve said this since March but I’ll say it again:
                        Everybody will get it
                        Some won’t even know it
                        Some will have mild signs/symptoms
                        Some will die
                        It’s a virus with no vaccine. That’s what happens in this situation. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, go out or stay home. None of that matters. It would take a WORLD WIDE effort of EVERY individual on the planet to stay home for 2-3 weeks to stop this. Will that ever happen? Nope. So go with the flow, do your thing and be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          I’ve said this since March but I’ll say it again:
                          Everybody will get it
                          Some won’t even know it
                          Some will have mild signs/symptoms
                          Some will die
                          It’s a virus with no vaccine. That’s what happens in this situation. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, go out or stay home. None of that matters. It would take a WORLD WIDE effort of EVERY individual on the planet to stay home for 2-3 weeks to stop this. Will that ever happen? Nope. So go with the flow, do your thing and be happy.
                          Why would everyone staying home 2-3 weeks solve it? If any animals at all can carry it that still wouldn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Why would everyone staying home 2-3 weeks solve it? If any animals at all can carry it that still wouldn't do anything.
                            What animals carry this strain of Corona virus?
                            This would be new news to me and I’m pretty dang well versed on this subject.

Comment

I’ve read that cats have been tested to carry it but not really display symptoms too much. Can’t remember if they were able to spread it to humans once they got it though. This was specific to the second strain of the virus not the first, that I’m aware of.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X