Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First buck

Hey guys/gals,

New here, just wanted to share from this previous season. This was my first year hunting, I got my first buck, on public land, with a bow. He was right at 13" inside spread and 7 points, I think he was 8 but had a broken tine at the end of his main beam on his left side. I set up my ground blind between two scrapes, he came in down wind about 35 yards. I actually caught it all on the trail cam I had on the scrape. He heard my strings and quartered towards me, I hit him pretty far forward however the arrow went in his neck/right shoulder and down through the vitals, stopping in his ribs on his back left side. I dont know that ill take a shot that long again. He went less than 100 yards, I was lucky to find him in an open field under a tree, there wasn't any blood trail, the arrow didn't pass through. You can actually see the blazer vanes in the picture. Shooting a used 2013 Hoyt Charger at 60# shooting Easton Axis 5mm with Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain. I actually left the fire station that morning, I got into the ground blind about 8:24 and shot him just before 0900. I have made a few changes to my game, i got a tethrd mantis saddle and predator platform, DRT climbing. I did a lot of post season scouting and think ill have a good shot at some real nice bucks this next season.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by firemedic731; 05-16-2020, 10:17 AM.

Way cool!!! Congrats and here's to many more!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome! Congratulations! There is nothing like shooting them on the ground.

Comment

Kick *** man, my first buck as also on public land (ANF) -- a 3 pointer ;-0.

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats

Comment

Nice. Congrats

Comment

Very cool. Congrats

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Sooper !

Comment

Awesome, congrats

Comment

Congratulations. First buck on public land with a bow is a good enough story right there. And to have it all happen on trail cam is sweet. Good story, and hope you have success this fall.

Comment

Very nice. Hard work payed off!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

On the ground with a bow on public land = Nice!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X