UTV Hours and Mileage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2013 Polaris Ranger, along with the trailer it was strapped down to (we like to make it easy for thieves) was stolen from my shop a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea how many hours was on it. I bought it new and used it just for hunting and an occasional jobsite use. I have no idea how many miles was on it. I had it service by the dealer....twice. I changed the oil about once a year. It was a tool and I just didn't pay much attention as long as it started and did its job. When it was stolen, it was actually starting to give me some trouble, like the power steering was going out, I needed some new shocks. Roof lights worked when they wanted to. I hope that whoever stole it has to fix all that crap.

So now, I'm looking. I've gotten a couple of quotes on the 2020 model and was close to pulling the trigger when I heard about a used 2017 that was all tricked out like I wanted it, at about a 15% discount from a new one, before all the add ons. The used rig has about 75 hours and 450 miles. Is that average for a 2-3 year old machine? Is it low? Is it high? I never paid attention to how many hours or miles I put on my own rig, so I dang sure can't gauge someone else's use. Thanks for the input.

Thank you,

Curt (Chew's Hero)

That’s pretty low use age. Current rig has about 1500 miles, and 150 hours. It’s a year and a half old, and it mainly just gets used during hunting season.

Comment

Curt I just Sold a 2014 Gator 825i with over 600 hours and 6000 miles for $6000. My new 2019 Can Am I bought a few months go has more miles than the machine your talking about

Comment

I have a 2007 Kawasaki 3010 mule that I bought brand new and I have 350 hours on it. I was told that's really low hours even though I use it as regularly as I do.

Comment

I have about 75 hours on my Can Am I bought in February.

The one you’re looking at is low hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got 600 hours on my 2007 Polaris used mainly during deer season and a few times throughout the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2013 Ranger has 541 hours, 3200 miles if that helps

Comment

This sounds like a elaborate scheme to get a new machine.

Hope they find who stole it, that was a nice trailer.

Comment

Like theyre saying, thats low mileage and hours. Bought ours with 590 hours and I cant remember how many miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thats low. I think you can prolly get quite a bit more than 15% off too.

Comment

Working...
                    X