2016 Ford 6.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Ford 6.7

I’m looking at buying a used 2016 F350 with 80k miles on it. Is there anything I need to be wary of from a reliability standpoint on a 2016? Thanks

Had one brand new off the lot. Never been so happy to have a truck leave my driveway 10-11 months later. Biggest pos ive ever owned. It was in the shop 14? times i think it was. I didnt buy it for the gas mileage but i it was never up to my buddies identical trucks. It had a vibration that would throw car seats out of the back seat tires, wheels, u joints, drive shafts were replaced. Longest a tank of def ever lasted was 1900 miles, buddies usually made it to the next oil change. When it rained it poured in the cab through the oh @%÷/ handles. I towed a camper to Colorado for our elk hunt and was suprised it made it there in one piece transmission getting hot, vibrating road walking. I called a gm dealer on the way to colorado and asked him to have me a duramax when i got back. The last drive was 84 miles to the dealership i traded it in at. It went into regen leaving midland and never stopped. It got single digit 4-6)miles a gallon going to denver city. I tried to have it lemon lawed but fought with ford on it until i decided id rather trade it in. I believe all of the big 3 have lemons, but the customer service from Ford is the worst ive dealt with.
    All of that said i have several buddies who have one and love them with usually just emissions issues that all of the big 3 diesels fight.

Comment

No significant issues yet from our 6.7 company trucks. A 2016 with 125,000 and a 2014 w/165,000.

Comment

2016 F250 6.7L w/ 105k on it. Deleted at 35k w/ 30-230HP SOTF tunes, typically run big tune unless hauling then it is the 120HP tune. I am only owner

Issues I have had
        1. Fuel pump on frame rail under died at 20k. Warranty work w/o issue although I was stranded for 18 hrs. waiting on repair. I believe my slip tank pump and forgetting to turn it off contributed to this. Pressurized main tank more than once and would throw codes because of this.
        2. Had issues with 5th gear disappearing on a trip home at 75k. Not towing anything. Could get it to go away if I turned the truck off and restarted, sometimes it would come back in 20 min, some times 200 miles. Went away completely when I swapped tranny fluid and put a bigger pan in. Read that it was probably from debris in pan coming in contact with solenoids in the pan.

Had a fleet of 15 of them in ND that were driven by my employees putting 75-100k each year. Only issue we had there was 2 turbos going out. These were still the 6.7 but 2014 models.

I would buy again

Comment

Dad's is a 2016 with 75k miles. Not a single issue so far.

Comment

I have a 2018 F250 6.7 power stroke... never been happier with it! Just in the shop for oil changes.. I have 63k miles on mine... I have to refill my DEF every 5k miles or so... I also put a leveling kit and 34” plus mud tires on it. A little loud but still rides pretty smooth. I did replace factory shocks with upgrades but not sure it was needed

Comment

15 with 90k on it. Def heater went out and solved that issue. Not a single problem since.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have a 16' F-350 with 60k miles and have no issues. I tow campers, trailers with utv's, etc and love it!

Comment

We have a 12’ F350 with a dew eze bed that’s been deleted and it runs like a striped *** ape! My wife has a 16’ F250 and very happy with it. We also have a 13’ that very happy with. We had an 11’ and the only issue we had was the plastic oil pan cracked. We bought an 18’ ram with aisin transmission and high output diesel in March and it will in no way stand up to the powerstroke...... since international quit making the powerstroke and Ford makes then now they are bad *** diesels! Would not be afraid to buy one.

We haul cattle, hay, equipment, feed, liquid feed trailer etc..... these trucks do not sit and they hold up very well. Good luck

Comment

I have ~93k miles on mine and the biggest problem I’ve had so far is a cracked water pump. Other than that I have zero complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

15 1 ton with 140k on it. CP3 went out two weeks ago and grenaded the entire fuel system. $12k repair bill, luckily we were able to provide a contaminated fuel sample and insurance is covering it all

Comment

15’ with 180k miles. Warranty replaced turbo and cat tube. No other issues great truck!

Buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                          15 1 ton with 140k on it. CP3 went out two weeks ago and grenaded the entire fuel system. $12k repair bill, luckily we were able to provide a contaminated fuel sample and insurance is covering it all
                          I think you meant CP4.

Almost 70k on my 6.7. Not a lick of trouble.

Comment

Had a 2015 f350 with no issues
                            2017 f350 has been rock solid too.

Comment

2012 148k great truck

Comment

Working...
                              X