Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle Trailer Recommendations

Hey guys,

Looking to get a new stock trailer. Going with a 24' with two 7k spring axles. The brands I've been looking at is Gooseneck, CM, and neckover.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these brands? The last trailer we had was an Elite aluminum 24' trailer. It was awesome, but wanting to go with a true steel stock trailer this go around.

Thanks, Case

I sold and restored cattle trailers for a time. Most of them have the same tub just comes down to Dexter axles or not. LED lights or not. Quality tires. Everything else is pretty close to the same, just be sure to check the door fitment including inside swing doors, they can be off from 1 trailer to the next.

Comment

Thanks! Do you prefer torsion axles or spring?

Comment

Bought a new CM 20' GN stock a few years ago, pulls good but the paint did not last. I don't think they primed it and it is turning into a rust bucket

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
          Bought a new CM 20' GN stock a few years ago, pulls good but the paint did not last. I don't think they primed it and it is turning into a rust bucket
          I'm worried about that. Gooseneck has an optional Epoxy primer that is suppose to be pretty resilient to rust. Another brand we're looking at is Performance out of Mt. Pleasant. They're the only ones I can find that powder coat their stock trailers.

Comment

I personally don't like torsion axles. If you want a nice ride for your horses that is fine but they are expensive to replace, hard to find replacements because manufacturers have them cut to weird widths quite often. You also can not weld on them if needed. You also don't get much drop so you end up with a wheel off the ground all time when on uneven ground.

Comment

Check out Galyean trailers. Don't personally have one but see quite a few of them being pulled around our part of the country. Look to be well built trailers.

Comment

I hear Delco is well built stuff

Comment

10-4. I wondered about Delco. I see them on trailer lots all the time. Don't know anyone who has ran one yet though.

Comment

I’d be looking really hard at the Galyeans or the gooseneck brand trailers. The galyeans is where I’d be leaning though. Super well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Having been in the gooseneck shop and and seen to many to count, I wouldnt spend my money on one........

Comment

Look at Easley or Big Bend Trailers if you are going with steel.

Why do you want to go back to steel. It is hard to beat an Elite trailer. No matter which steel trailer you go with you are always going to have to contend with rust issues sooner or later

Comment

Gooseneck or Gaylean. With either one I would suggest an escape gate, and hinges on all of your bows so that you can move your cut gates at least your 1st cut gate. I wouldn't do torsion axles.

Comment

Galyean for sure. You couldn’t pay me to pull a big bend again. Gooseneck is okay. We have a 36 ft fair west that’s been good as well.

Comment

Galyeans are well made and have good attention to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X