No announcement yet.

2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always wanted to set trotlines, this quarantine gave me a bit of time to put one together, Roughly 200 ft long with 24 7/0 circle hooks with loops for weight at the on each end and in the middle. Plan on using a combination of black salties and live perch, can any of you pro's give me any tips on what to look for when setting the trotline up?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cwbrown View Post
      Always wanted to set trotlines, this quarantine gave me a bit of time to put one together, Roughly 200 ft long with 24 7/0 circle hooks with loops for weight at the on each end and in the middle. Plan on using a combination of black salties and live perch, can any of you pro's give me any tips on what to look for when setting the trotline up?

If your fishing a reservoir find a place where you can stretch it close to and parallel to the river channel near a shallower flat. Personally I’m not a fan of black salties but some people swear by them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
        If your fishing a reservoir find a place where you can stretch it close to and parallel to the river channel near a shallower flat. Personally I’m not a fan of black salties but some people swear by them

10/4 Thank you, I should have put this in the original message but I will be fishing a river about a mile from a upstream of a reservoir, going to be putting it out via kayak so I am limited on how far I can travel.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbrown View Post
          10/4 Thank you, I should have put this in the original message but I will be fishing a river about a mile from a upstream of a reservoir, going to be putting it out via kayak so I am limited on how far I can travel.

In a river I’d put it along the deep drop off in a bend.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
            In a river I’d put it along the deep drop off in a bend.

Thank you

Comment

You folks are starting to Catfish Me Off! Guess gonna have to show how it is done. Or beg to go with some of you folks! My cat may become a gato taco if this keeps up

Comment

We’re catching them pretty good here on the Sabine River. Running lines and jugs. This eve after cleaning a nice mess I fried up some for supper. Got a few leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODEN View Post
                  We’re catching them pretty good here on the Sabine River. Running lines and jugs. This eve after cleaning a nice mess I fried up some for supper. Got a few leftover for lunch tomorrow.

Nice job, which part of the Sabine you fishing?

Comment

May I ask what they were bitting on?

Comment

So I am a bass fisherman and have only catfished in summer by baiting standing timber. This time of year say on Rayburn how do I catch catfish. Lol

Comment

Blue Cat on Belton

Missed this thread originally, have been juggin here on Belton and tearing up the blue's. These are from the last couple weeks. 3 fish from 30-38 lbs that were released. The rest of them eaten, given away, or frozen. Caught a few crappie also.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Red-fin, you are tearing them up man!

Comment

Some solid blues!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              So I am a bass fisherman and have only catfished in summer by baiting standing timber. This time of year say on Rayburn how do I catch catfish. Lol
                              Trotlines? I only fish rivers but I would say flooded timber will always be good for yellas. Live perch. March is prime fishing for them.

Comment

Man I'm loving all the pics in this thread, yall please keep tearing them up so I can live vicariously though you. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X