No announcement yet.

Zero turn help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother in law has a 72 inch Kubota diesel and it is a beast and will mow anything. Kubota has 0% financing and bumper to bumper warranty wile being financed. Hard to beat free money and full warranty.

Comment

I bought a Scag Tiger Cat with the Kawasaki FX motor 54" deck. Bought it a year ago. It's a 2016 model and had 200 hours on it. Paid half price for it used from an old man in Sulphur Springs. Buddies dad bought the same one used about a week after me. I would try and find one like that on FB. Hustlers are good mowers. I would stay away from bad boys. Don't know anything about Ferris or grasshoppers. Most companies run scag or hustlers.

Comment

No matter what zero turn you get all of the commercial style mowers with welded decks just dont cut as good as the old riding lawn mowers. This is due to the stamped deck on those created a much better vacuum to stand the grass up straight when cut.

I have had 2 bad boys ran one commercially for about 5 years with very little trouble. Both have the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine.

One piece of advice if you buy a bad boy go to a dealer and run several dont go buy the Tractor Supply version thinking its the same. Nothing wrong with them but they have about half the hydraulics compared to the "commercial" versions for not much more money.

I have ran both and the Hydraulic pumps on the TSC model are about 7gpm most of the big commercial mowers are 12-14gpm.

Comment

I used to recommend my Gravely, but the darn thing is burning oil (Kawasaki engine). So now, I have to check and fill it with oil before starting it....every time. My next one will likely be a Hustler or a Deere.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
            I used to recommend my Gravely, but the darn thing is burning oil (Kawasaki engine). So now, I have to check and fill it with oil before starting it....every time. My next one will likely be a Hustler or a Deere.

Sounds like it’s possibly blown head gasket, what do your plugs look like?
            I see the new gravelys have an option for 33hp Yamaha EFI motor. Hearing it’s a 25-30% fuel savings and it has more torque than the 35hp Kawasaki.

Comment

Cody, they are black and the right one is coated much more than the left.
              I just pulled them to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                Cody, they are black and the right one is coated much more than the left.
                I just pulled them to look.
                Id replace them. I assume your air filter is clean?

Comment

I had a hustler and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                    When I was doing research for a new one, I had narrowed them down to a gravely and ferris.
                    I rode them both and chose the ferris 2100 with a kawasaki. That was 2 years ago. And still very happy. My yard is 3 acres, and I feel great when I’m done. Nothing rides like a ferris.
                    Truth right there, my buddy has a few Ferris, and they are a dream to ride over roughish areas compared to my gravely.

Comment

I’ve got a 2006 or 07 grasshopper that is still going strong. Cuts great.

Comment

Love my Hustler

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                          When I was doing research for a new one, I had narrowed them down to a gravely and ferris.
                          I rode them both and chose the ferris 2100 with a kawasaki. That was 2 years ago. And still very happy. My yard is 3 acres, and I feel great when I’m done. Nothing rides like a ferris.
                          X2, only have 1.5 acres. Love me some Ferris! I got the 54” deck, I got it new with no interest financing. It was a tad more than your budget.

Comment

I've had a 61" Grasshopper 729 big block for 7 years. I cut 12 acres. Absolutely zero issues, and it cuts great. I love it

Comment

Have a 1996 I think grasshopper 718k. It’s a smooth ride because it has the tail wheel. I’ve never had an issue getting into places to cut. On its second engine. Wore out the first. The deck is about worn out and rusted through but it’s mowed acres upon acres. I may just find another used deck. I just priced a comparable one with a 52” deck. 8500 drive out. I may be looking for something a little cheaper cause of that price but 23 years out of a lawn mower ain’t bad.

Comment

I have a 2014 bad boy with 60" deck. Love it. If you don't roll with a diesel, you have to go with a Kawasaki motor. That's the only way to roll. Just ask your commercial lawn guys. I haven't had any issues. Just keep the blades sharp and the fluids changed and it will mowe four foot grass all day long

Comment

Working...
                                X