If you had $1000 at cabelas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had $1000 at cabelas?

We went through a house fire, thankfully we are all fine but the house is not. That’s a different story for a different day.

But, I’ve been paying for all the repairs and restoration on my cabelas card and have earned quite a bit of points. Just over $1000 to be exact. So what would you buy?

I don’t “need” a new gun or bow but throwing it out to the green screen to see what you would get

I would go with a traeger (bash me if you will) but I like the idea of starting a brisket and walking away or going to work etc.

Or I would look at upgrading my camo to newer items

or a put it towards a new safe since you are rebuilding the house.

Comment

Did you lose anything in the fire that could be replaced from there?

Comment

A good all around backpack $250
        A sausage stuffer with a foot switch $350
        Good arrows and a Reinhardt Target $300+

Comment

Firstly, I'm sorry for the loss of your home. I've never personally been through that, but have had some family and friends go through house fires and it's devastating. Praying for you.

If it were me.. I would spread it around.. I would buy some camo, a bit of fishing gear, maybe a new pair of snake boots, couple little things here, couple little things there.

Comment

Hate to say it on this forum but fishing gear. New trolling motor or towards Live scope.

Comment

Camo furniture ? Bedding ? dishes ?

Comment

$1,000 towards a thermal scope

Comment

Chippewa snake boots, bullets, arrows, deer jerky.

Comment

Great ideas. I didn’t lose any of my hunting gear or guns. Fire destroyed our mud room, garage, and part of the kitchen. Remainder of the home was smoke damage. All my hunting clothes came clean and all my guns were professionally cleaned and in good shape. As far as fires go it was bad but not the worst by far. More inconvenient than anything else. Still in a rent house.

I have a pellet grill and love it. Some new fishing gear or great rain gear might be in order

Comment

Money towards nice optics

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always wanted a thermal scope, would be a good start on payment for it.

Comment

Wait until closer to season and your needs will be more apparent. I had a stack of gift cards last year and I had the urge to burn them up, so I did, then hunting season came around and I wished I had better binoculars, better boots and I ended up buying more arrows and broadheads.

Comment

I would save it til I needed something

Comment

Dont know what you have but every man needs a nice shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X