Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't do it.

Comment

It sounds like an offer to you and tour wife only. Life long friends... I wouldnt heasitate to ask, or show up and ask qheres the dang key?!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I would ask them to rent it. Other than that, no

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Not here, close blood-kin, probably, friends-nope. Best way to become non-friends. Friends are hard to come by, don't screw it up.

Comment

No I wouldn't ask.

Comment

Put me in the "don't ask" group. For your wife and kids? Yes. Extended family? No way, no how.

And I wouldn't even put him on the spot of asking to rent. That puts the onus on him and that's not right.

Comment

I would be ok with asking for my wife and kids but not if it included any extended family or friends, I wouldn’t ask to rent either..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                    I would be ok with asking for my wife and kids but not if it included any extended family or friends, I wouldn’t ask to rent either..
                    Same

I have stayed in "life long" friends bay houses without them. But, i essentially had my own key. Even when they where there they all but begged me to run their boat.

We never left without leaving a bottle of something

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldnt ask. Same situation we have a friend that has a beach house. They try to get us to come stay there all the time. Just not me.

Comment

I would not ask, if they don't know the other people very well, that you are talking about taking. Then I would not ask, just because I would be worried something would get damaged or come up missing, anything along those lines happens it's your responsibility. I could see the whole deal messing up a friendship, when something of theirs winds up missing or damaged, that you don't know about.

Comment

If I had a place that any of my really good friends and family wanted to visit I’d say have a good time. I would feel the same way asking to stay at their places. It’s a given if anything gets damaged that everything would be replaced or compensated for. I would, however, probably start the conversation by asking to rent the place while I’m there.

Comment

I would not ask not even for me and the wife.

We have a friend that has yacht on Grand lake he tells us all the time just stay on the boat and we still just get a hotel room.

Comment

People are funny about stuff....but in the end, it's just stuff.

There are plenty of our good friends that probably wouldn't ask for the reasons posted above, but we would gladly let them stay at one of our places and wouldn't expect them to pay a dime.

We don't need anything, and if it helps a family to enjoy some time on the river, or in the mountains, or at the ranch....we are all in.

If I were in your shoes, I would call my friend and start the conversation by acknowledging that it feels awkward to ask and that if it isn't a good idea for whatever reason, there will be no hard feelings.
                              Last edited by Atfulldraw; 03-07-2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                                I have some life-long friends who live in another state. About 5 years ago my wife and I visited and stayed with them at their mountain vacation home. As we were leaving they said, “if you ever want to come back here, you are welcome to stay at our place, even if we’re not here”. Here’s the question;

Would it be rude if I asked to stay at their place with my wife, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, 12 y/o nephew and 7 y/o niece for a 4-5 days next year? My wife says she won’t do it because it’s rude to ask them, even if they offered. Lodging in that area is very expensive and I’m trying to keep costs down for my in-laws.

What do you think?

Thanks
                                Easy solution!!! Turn the tables around and see if you would like to be taken advantage of like that...... I bet you come up with the correct answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X