2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    I have to work this weekend, but Im hoping i will be able to fish next weekend. Weather permitting.
    Cant fish next weekend either, at least not in the salt. Have a neighborhood bass tournament coming up.

Comment

The Mrs., mini me and I went down to Sargent over the weekend. Little man’s waders didn’t fit this year, so we were stuck fishing out of the boat in east, and off the dock in the creek. Managed a bunch of rat reds, 1 nice red, 1 black drum, 3 nice croaker and James’ favorite, 3 mangrove snapper (out of Caney Creek). I swear, that boy would rather catch them than catch reds and trout. Had a great time goofing around and made a point not to stay on the water too long (There’s been a few times that I’ve been guilty of staying longer than mini and Mrs want). Ended up releasing all but the croaker in the creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
        The Mrs., mini me and I went down to Sargent over the weekend. Little man’s waders didn’t fit this year, so we were stuck fishing out of the boat in east, and off the dock in the creek. Managed a bunch of rat reds, 1 nice red, 1 black drum, 3 nice croaker and James’ favorite, 3 mangrove snapper (out of Caney Creek). I swear, that boy would rather catch them than catch reds and trout. Had a great time goofing around and made a point not to stay on the water too long (There’s been a few times that I’ve been guilty of staying longer than mini and Mrs want). Ended up releasing all but the croaker in the creek.

Heck yea Matt! Looks like the dock fishing did you right

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Heck yea Matt! Looks like the dock fishing did you right

Thanks Shane. Not sure why Tapatalk spazzed our and posted the pics all crazy. Have you gotten your baby out since new paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
            Thanks Shane. Not sure why Tapatalk spazzed our and posted the pics all crazy. Have you gotten your baby out since new paint?

Yes sir, did a quick trip with my wife and niece last week. Turned into a boat ride trip . That's ok, we had a great time.

I'm gonna try and sneak out this week, dang winds look like junk though!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

How's the surf fishing around Surfside beach? I'll be there at least once this summer(june11-13th), may try to go there another time before that

Comment

Junior getting a little practice in after skool...[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Junior getting a little practice in after skool...[emoji16]

Backlash? Those tree limb fish are tough

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Backlash? Those tree limb fish are tough

Yeah. Took him an hour to pick it

Comment

If the stars align it can be phenomenal! If they don’t, you’ll have to work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        If the stars align it can be phenomenal! If they don’t, you’ll have to work for them.

Is that for surfside?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          Is that for surfside?

Surfside should be good in June. I usually don’t mess with until early to mid May, even then sometimes that’s early. I fish for trout so not sure what else is biting earlier.

Comment

The surf can surprise you. Starting around now if it gets flat it's worth a look. Often times the early licks in the surf are the best quality of the year. Maybe not the best numbers of fish but your chances of catching some bigger trout are good.

Comment

Headed down to Corpus tomorrow evening to fish the IFA event in Port A. There are a couple of other TBHers fishing as well.

Should be a fun event.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                Little higher range than I want to spend since I’m new to baitcasters, thanks for the offer

Go look at the Lews, you can get a really nice new one in the 100-120 dollar range, I like mine a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X