Suppressor/ Silencer How To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor/ Silencer How To?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the suppressor process? I want to get the process started right away. Yes, I'm aware that it will take 6-8 months, maybe longer. Do you recommend going with a trust? Pros/Cons of using a trust vs not using a trust?

If you have a link to some reading material you think I'll find useful, please share.

For now, I'm wanting a suppressor for a ruger, 22lr. I'm really wanting this for my kids to plink with. Got any recs on brand/model?

I live in Cypress, TX (NW Houston). Any specific shop near this area?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Goldensammy; 04-13-2021, 07:47 AM.

Trust. Only way to legally pass on to your kids upon death. Children can not be added to trust till they are 21. Silencer shop website has all the info you need.
    Last edited by sooner6969; 04-13-2021, 07:59 AM. Reason: Add info

Comment

I recommend going into a shop that has a silencer shop kiosk. It’s a super easy process and takes no time at all to set up. I also recommend a trust.

Comment

Form 1 one and buy an 80% complete kit or st. Then you legally have one to shoot in around 20-30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easily order your silencer online and avoid tedious paperwork or clerical errors with the nation's largest NFA distributor.

get a trust

Comment

Absolutely buy through the silencer shop network. Many are out of stock right now. Don’t want to go ahead and start with a .30 cal suppressor?

Comment

I have a trust and its a bunch of legal BS! All more way to make money and monitor it

Next time I do not think I will get a trust. A cop is never going to ask to see your trust, not in a small town.

Plus 99.9% of the time I do not let anyone borrow my cans, unless I am with them.

Comment

Good info. Thanks guys.

It looks like Silencer Shop can handle the trust. Is that advisable, or are you better off working with a lawyer directly? If I went through Silencer Shop for the trust, will I only be able to buy through them for future purchases?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                  Good info. Thanks guys.

It looks like Silencer Shop can handle the trust. Is that advisable, or are you better off working with a lawyer directly? If I went through Silencer Shop for the trust, will I only be able to buy through them for future purchases?
                  Once you have the trust they will have it

I highly recommend Capitol Armory. Great guys and helpful

WITH THAT BEING SAID, if you are an average american with very simple life(kids, wife, minimal personal businesses, trusts, and little legal info), the generic trust online will work just fine.

Comment

Go to AGR in Cypress, I’m not sure who they work through but the trust is free. They usually have 3-4 .22lr type cans in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      Form 1 one and buy an 80% complete kit or st. Then you legally have one to shoot in around 20-30 days.

Can you give some more info on this process? Where does one buy an 80% kit and how do you get the other 20%?

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                        Absolutely buy through the silencer shop network. Many are out of stock right now. Don’t want to go ahead and start with a .30 cal suppressor?
                        I don't have use for a .30 cal suppressor at this time. I have a 9mm and 22s that are threaded. I really want something that is light weight for the 22s so my kids can plink with it. They love to shoot and 22lr is more economical for that. Is there an option for a somewhat light weight can that can be used on a 9mm on down to a 22lr? This is new to me, so that is a serious question. I'm of the understanding that you can shoot a smaller round out of a larger can, but you will lose effectiveness at some point. Again, this is new to me, so maybe I am wrong. I welcome any thoughts and recommendations on this subject.

Thanks again for all of the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          This right here. My form one that I built is just about as quiet as my SiCo.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Can you give some more info on this process? Where does one buy an 80% kit and how do you get the other 20%?
                          You order all of the parts. Then when you get your form one approved you get it engraved. Then you just drill out all of the baffles and end cap. Put it together and good to go.

Comment

I have several rimfire suppressors and in my opinion the Dead Air Mask is the best out there right now. Once you get that first one you will want them on everything you shoot. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X