Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me something dumb that beats this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me something dumb that beats this...

The HS my son goes to makes the boys pull down their masks on the way into school everyday so they can make sure the boys don't need to shave.

Its ok though cause the girls are having to pull down theirs also so they can be checked for nose/lip rings

I feel sorry for the future.
    Last edited by one66stang; 03-01-2021, 06:38 PM.

Wow pray for this country.

Comment

That's because the parents aren't teaching proper grooming skills at home. Some of todays kids dress and look like they belong in a circus.

Comment

Be glad they have a dress code

Comment

Class of 73 here and girls were always being sent home because their skirts were too short. Dadgum school rules!!

Comment

Oprah is going to interview Harry and Megan Markel. Like anyone will GAF!

Disclaimer. I only know this because I heard it on the radio before I could change the station.

Comment

Rules are the rules.

Comment

How about an employer waiting a full year to implement a need to check and document everybody's temp order before they can work within the facility
                .....issued today, 01 Mar 21.......

Covid 19 (as in covid strain that was identified in 2019) ,
                Check everybody's temp starting March 1st 2021. Got it.....

Not sure how that facility made it through 2020 without this lifesaving measure.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Class of 73 here and girls were always being sent home because their skirts were too short. Dadgum school rules!!
                  Same for me 1st-12th
                  Sent home for not shaving, not bathing, didn't wear panty hose, clothes didn't match dress code, and much more.
                  Class of 98'.
                  Never hurt me any, but I sure didn't like it.
                  Looking back 20+ yrs later, I'm very thankful for it.
                  To add, this isn't really the school's rules.
                  It was mandated upon them.
                  Not the same.
                  Last edited by MadHatter; 03-01-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                    That's because the parents aren't teaching proper grooming skills at home. Some of todays kids dress and look like they belong in a circus.
                    And none of it is as circus-quality as the silly, useless masks.

Keeping with the Circus metaphor: the masks are physical/visible proof that the wearers are trained seals.

Comment

Here's my take after serving 7 years on the local school board, two as President:
                      1. Dress code enforcement takes up too much time and energy.
                      2. A boy with a beard can learn too.
                      3. If a parent allows a nose ring, it's not the school's place to disallow.
                      4. Nose rings, tattoos, flip flops, long hair, beards, etc. don't actually "distract" other students.
                      5. Making rules simply for the sake of having rules is idiotic.

I'll never forget the time that a young man, a graduating senior, came before the board and gave a very compelling argument for allowing facial hair. Of the 5 male board members, all 5 of us had a beard or mustache. We were all graduates of the same school this kid went to. The next year that dumb rule was gone. I hate rules that don't have a real purpose.

Comment

Gestapo

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Here's my take after serving 7 years on the local school board, two as President:
                          1. Dress code enforcement takes up too much time and energy.
                          2. A boy with a beard can learn too.
                          3. If a parent allows a nose ring, it's not the school's place to disallow.
                          4. Nose rings, tattoos, flip flops, long hair, beards, etc. don't actually "distract" other students.
                          5. Making rules simply for the sake of having rules is idiotic.

I'll never forget the time that a young man, a graduating senior, came before the board and gave a very compelling argument for allowing facial hair. Of the 5 male board members, all 5 of us had a beard or mustache. We were all graduates of the same school this kid went to. The next year that dumb rule was gone. I hate rules that don't have a real purpose.
                          IMO it's just a way of teaching discipline to the youth.
                          Sure there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure that's the point.
                          Same reason the Military does it imo.
                          Teach it in the beginning, once they are grown, do whatever you want.
                          My take anyway.

Comment

1989 senior year, my High School didn’t allow shorts...so I wore a skirt to school. They made me change after the second period. The next year, 20 seniors got together and wore a skirt. The following year, they started allowing shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              IMO it's just a way of teaching discipline to the youth.
                              Sure there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure that's the point.
                              Same reason the Military does it imo.
                              Teach it in the beginning, once they are grown, do whatever you want.
                              My take anyway.
                              I certainly get that aspect of it. I just hate stupid rules. They should have a purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X